“Average Chinese takeout”

China Star Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,246 of 2,704 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Not sure what people are raving about this average food & service. Food was nothing to call home about or even remember.

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

I went to try try this place, but just going IN, we didn't like the smell of it (like rotten food), and the A/C was OFF. I guess they are trying to save money on the electric bill.

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I've been coming here for years now and I have yet to have an issue. Thr food is always cooked fresh and ready within the time they give you. Prices are just as good as the food!

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I can't be as enthusiastic about this place as others have been.
Their food is average at best. I would still give it a 3-star rating, EXCEPT for the fact that none of the cooking staff wore hair nets or gloves... 2 violations of the health code right there.

I saw bare hands dig into prepared food stock; I saw the same hands pick up several bottles of sauce, only to go back into the resevoir of prepared food stock... back and forth... back and forth... no gloves.

Lucky for them, they have an excellent location on Fowler Ave which gives them a captive student clientelle.

Would I recommend this place to my friends? No.
Will I go back there again? Not unless I'm really desperate.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

Finally found a place that knows how to do crab ragoon.like NY. Soup is good and I enjoy being able to take it home

Been to China Star Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!