“TREAT YOURSELF (GROUPON, CL DEALS, LIVING SOCIAL MAKE IT AFFORDABLE)”
Review of 717 South

717 South
Reserve with OpenTable
717 South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 2,607 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: USD 20 - USD 32
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Swann
Description: 717 South is proud to bring you fresh and local ingredients. The highest quality hormone free chicken and when possible seafood that is harvested in a sustainable fashion. We wood-fire all our in-house hand cut steaks..Extensive wine list ( over 300 wines by the bottle) , martini's and specialty drinks from all parts of the world. Michael Stewart, a local native, is the owner and Korean-born chef Robert Masson displays a sure mastery of all ports and parts of the world. Set within 1920's art deco paintings, wood trim, high ceilings, and an open kitchen, welcomes each patron. 717 South was recently voted TOP 20 Best New Restaurant in Florida, Best Place for Dinner, Best Wines by the Glass, TOP 400 Places to dine in Florida, Best Happy Hour and many others.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We loved it! This was not my first time here, but my guest was a newbie and wowed! Natalie was truly amazing and attentive. I think I must have had at least six glasses of fresh brewed teas and she did not skip a beat with topping off my glass. I enjoyed two jumbo lump crab cakes that were definitely not short on crab meat. My guest took my recommendation and ordered the hanger steak which is presented like a work or heart almost to beautiful to eat. The hanger steak is a delicious as it is wonderful to look at.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Went to 717 South with friends. Wanted to try a new place, and boy, were we pleased with our choice. The appetizer escargots were amazing. All our meals and dessert top notch. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The food was good and atmosphere, decent. However, the prices felt high for the level of experience. Many better experiences in Tampa for that price.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Came here to celebrate a birthday and someone wanted to thank me for making something for them. We made a dinner reservation for 6:00 because they told us that they were expecting a large party around 7:00. We were promptly seated but it really didn't matter because they had lots of tables on a Tuesday. The menu was large and varied with something for everyone. Two of our party had the pork chop which they said was excellent, one had chicken and said that, it too, was excellent, and my rack of lamb was as tasty as it was unusual because it came sliced apart and laid along the plate unlike the usual way of serving it standing vertically. It was cooked to perfection and the accompaniments were perfect. The bar was complete; the wine list varied; and with the salads we ordered we had no room for desert. It is a little pricey, but worth the price. We will come here again.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We fancied the duck balls as a starter but apparently they’re off now. Were put in a kind of glassed-off area which became very noisy as the evening went on. Perhaps a booth would be better. I was still happily eating my main course when the waitress came and decided it was time to take it away. No I hadn’t finished, but it went anyway. And I can’t even remember what it was! Did have the escargots to start with - a dozen, though the waitress had told me there would be six. So I suppose that was a bonus. Not really worth the long drive there. And sorry, the site isn’t letting me to rate service, food and value. Three each.