“Must Go!”

Ranked #4 of 79 Quick Bites in Tampa
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: In 1948, Brocato’s opened its doors for business. From grocery store to meat market, to sandwich shop, Brocato’s has always strived to provide the best sandwich in Tampa, combined with friendly service. These valuse, coupled with the hard work and dedication of the Brocato’s family, have attracted and maintained loyal customers through the years. Fast forward 63 years later to 2012, and while countless restaurants, diners and sandwich shops have come and gone, Brocato’s is still making the best sandwich with the best service in Tampa. Everyone at Brocato’s is committed to giving you, our customers, the best sandwich and the best service possible. We thank you for making Brocato’s one of Tampa Bay’s long standing traditions.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is probably my favorite Cuban sandwich anywhere in the country. This place is cranking at lunchtime too, everybody likes it. Add a crabcake to your Cuban sandwich if you want to enjoy life. I can’t say enough good about this place, I was introduced to a couple of years ago and I try to go anytime over in that area.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Ok, it's a Tampa tradition open since 1948. Brocato's has the best Cuban sandwich bar none. They also have massive deviled crabs and stuffed potatoes. No lettuce or tomato on the Cuban for me, just the classic way with pickle, though they will make it how you want it. I will be back again and again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is a must stop. A real local diner with local atmosphere. The two of us got the 8”Cuban sandwich with mini devil crab & mini stuffed potato. It came with chips and two drinks. Everything was outstanding. Very friendly courteous staff. All local people but us. Don’t miss this place it is on the way to the airport just off IS4.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I first visited this place back in 2003, when we lived here. Back visiting and had to stop in. What happened? Prices have doubled and the cuban has gone downhill. Who puts tomato and lettuce on a Cuban? The pickles weren't the right kind and no mustard. Very disappointed. This place was where I had my first Cuban and all others have been compared to it. What I got today just wasn't the same as the ones from 15 years ago.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

OMG so much delicious food and all for $9.99?!?!?! Crazy. Enough food for 2 people +. Very rare these days to get such a bargain of really good food. Will absolutely be back each time I’m in Tampa.

1  Thank Laura C

Been to Brocato's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!