“Best fresh pasta !”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Historic Ybor
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I can go forever on how good the fresh food is at this cozy restaurant. Each time we come is just perfection and amazing food as well as service. From the best antipasto to the homemade and fresh pasta to the great selection of wines, this is without a doubt the best Restaurant in Tampa.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

This is a Tampa favorite! The food is always amazing and the service is excellent. I have not had anything that I did not love. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves Italian food...real Italian food!!

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Patronize a number one Tampa Trip Advisor Restaurant? Don't normally get a chance to do this, but we are sure glad we did. We love Italian food (my wife is 1/2 Italian by family history) and arrived here for an early dinner. We located the area, parked the car (no street parking was available so had to use one of the lots behind the establishments labeled with "Don't park here unless you pay or get towed!" As a tourist I resent this harassment from the locals.) We walked up to the restaurant and expected a much lager storefront; but it was a very small, but intimate location. We wee seated immediately at a small table for two. Maybe 10 other patrons only there at this time. We were told they have been there for 20 years.

The hostess came by, talked to us a little and took our drink order. We discussed my wife's pickiness for wine but she was open to give her a small sample of a glass of chardonnay to try. She liked it and we got a glass each. We heard the specials and I chose the homemade fettuccini with bolognaise and peas sauce. My wife got a pink vodka sauce over penne pasta which was on the menu.

While waiting for some bread to arrive, we struck up a further conversation with the hostess/waitress and asked her about the area and what it was all about. She quickly brought us a free map/flyer and explained about Ybor City as being one of the Cuban, German, Italian areas. She showed us the lay of the land and we thanked her for her descriptive narrative and the copy of the map.

The food came, both were wonderful and we then decided we wanted a small dessert. My wife got the Tiramisu and I got the "grandmothers lemon / pine nut pie" slice. Both were fantastic. We were then asked if we wanted a small glass of port; which we normally do not do, but she convinced us to have one so we ordered only one to share. We just sat and enjoyed the atmosphere, talked some more with the hostess and described my wife's family as being from Sicily. The bill was delivered; I reviewed it and called the waitress over and informed her that she forgot to charge us for the port drink. She explained it was on the house, that they thought it was an honor to offer it to us and have it accepted and talk so friendly to them too.

What an experience ....... the hostess / waitress made the evening everything that was perfect. Thank you; when we return again we will be back. Try it, sit back and enjoy it, don't be in a rush and savor the attention they give you!

1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Great little restaurant with authentic Italian food and spectacular service. You feel as if you're the only table they have to serve.The Italians owner visit each table genuinely engaging each guest. Been there many times in the past and will return many times in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

In Historic Ybor City the location is wonderful and whilst the premises are unprepossessing and some may think the menu modest, you don't need a huge menu when every dish is this good. "The best carbonara ever" was one view. The veal Parmesan, penne a la vodka and crab ravioli with shrimp completed the set. Huge thumbs up.

Been to La Terrazza Restaurant? Share your experiences!