“Excellent”

Ranked #508 of 2,706 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: USD 995 - USD 3,595
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I've come here for several occasions. I have to say the meat is delicious, the shrimp, and the Paella! One of the best Paellas I have ever eaten. There is also live music here on the weekend and a wonderful bar. I've always had a great experience here.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

If you like Spanish food from Spain and you happen to be in Tampa, FL., you must pay a visit to the Café Ole, this place has one of the best Paellas in Florida and if you like desserts try the cream of Catalan, you will not be disappointed with the food in this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Excellent bar service, delicious drinks (very good sangria), and very good food for a reasonable price. Bonus: soccer on nearly every TV.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

Had a fabulous lunch with the family today at Cafe Ole. Crystal was our server and was very attentive and sweet. Crystal was also able to answer all of our questions. We all agreed that the food was amazing. The presentation of each dish and the flavor was outstanding. Very authentic Spanish cuisine. We began our meal by sharing appetizers (small plates). The cheese platter with marinated olives, the chicken croquettes and the chicken empanadas were delicious. All the main courses that my family and I had from the chicken, the flounder and the pork were all excellent. And the desserts are all a must.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Met family here on a Sunday evening at 6 pm, didn't know it was in a strip mall behind a Shell station, a little hard to find. It was moderately busy with a dark bar atmosphere but was clean enough to meet my high standards. We were a party of 7 and had reservations and seated quickly in a side/family room where there was a musician playing a violin. The server reported that we had time to order our house wines,beer and well drinks before happy hour ended in a few minutes so we did. We ordered and were quickly brought 2 baskets of very good warm grain bread. Because we were catching up with family we didn't notice that a half hour had passed without our food arriving. When we complained the server was quick to check the kitchen and told us it would arrive soon and brought more bread and refreshed our drinks. Our food was served about 10 minutes later, everything was good. The 3 that had the paella were pleased, my husband said shrimp and scallops were very well prepared, my salmon was just OK, the potato and carrots were not done. If 3 and a half was an available score that would be what I would give this establishment. This place needs to decide if it wants to be be bar food or fine dining, and get more organized in the kitchen because the food is generally good, the servers were apologetic about the wait and offered us free dessert.

Been to Cafe Ole Tampa? Share your experiences!