“Really good food”

Zen Bistro Grill & Sushi
Ranked #395 of 2,589 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 25 March 2015

The location is tough in the food court area of the mall with a Restoration Hardware being built next door, but really clean, fresh sushi - would highly recommend!

Reviewed 11 February 2015

After being subjected to fries, chips, steaks for a number of nights whilst away on business it was great to be able to have a diner that felt healthy.
The food had nice subtle tastes, the servers were polite without being overly fussy. The menu is a little limited but more than ample for most appetites.
The only negativity would be the atmosphere, the restaurant did feel cold (mainly down to the colour scheme) and the lighting a was little on the dark side and saw at least one customer having to use their phone to see the menu.
Overall though was impressed and would go back if in the area again.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

Went for dinner before a concert. The other restaurants at the mall had a long wait, at Zen Bistro we were seated right away - that should have been the red flag. The place was empty except for us and 2 other tables.

The service was good. Server was polite and friendly.

We ordered 2 rolls, a beef dish and tempura. The tempura was horrible. It tasted like they hadn't changed the oil in weeks. Everything was presented nicely but nothing seemed fresh. The beef was tough and overly salty.

Next visit to the area we will definitely wait for a table elsewhere.

Reviewed 22 September 2014

Recently tried Zen Bistro after wanting to try a different sushi place,and I was very impressed. The selection was fantastic, and I don't eat raw sushi so I was glad to see the many options they had for cooked rolls. We also got the crab dumplings that were really good. Our server Samantha did a very good job and was attentive. The feel inside was very modern, I like the set up a lot. There are more rolls I really want to try, so I will definitely be back. My favorite from this visit was probably the sweet potato roll, great flavor!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you are at the International mall in Tampa, zen bistro is a good choice for lunch. My daughter loves hot rols, and they are good at zen bistro

1  Thank 879Mark