“Fair for the price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Area-Tampa South
Ranked #82 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here alone one night on a pleasure trip to Tampa. Hotel seems to be fairly old, having been refurbished over the years and in generally good condition. My room was on a busy street, and I found it necessary to keep the fan on all night to drown out the noise. Awoke to find a cockroach staring at me from the edge of the bathtub, although being a Florida resident I took it pretty much in stride. Breakfast had a fairly good selection. Pleasant people at the desk. All in all, an acceptable selection for a moderately priced hotel, although I still am adjusting to an $82 room being considered "moderate".

Room Tip: I would guess a room in the back would be quieter than on the street.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Area-Tampa South

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Priced well for the market. In room wireless internet was easy to connect and had good sped. Free breakfast was a bit above average with ready to heat cheese omletts. Good juice and toast selection. Apples and bananas. Fitness center is small and has limited machines, but they were all new and in excellent working order. Did not use the pool but it was cleaned and well maintained. Room lacked a comfortable chair with an ottoman even though there was room to have one. The road the property sits on is a major Tampa to St Pete street and traffic is very heavy during commuting hours.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PJHoffnet
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Night crew were very professional and polite. The British lady at the front counter even found me a good discount to use for my one day stay. Room was clean and very presentable. Carpet were ok and didn't stink like in other inns I had stayed. TV was out of style, old and bulky. TV service/channels were limited and not good at all. Location of the hotel is excellent, there are plenty of restaurant, fast food, and shopping plazas nearby. The city of Tampa is a easy access from hotel. Macdill AFB is nearby too. Overall: great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank JGP8836
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We reserved a king room and when we checked in were given a room with two double beds. We were told that there were no king rooms for the duration of our stay. The room was not very clean. For instance, there was hair in the drain of the tub when we checked in. We were told that there were no other available rooms. The beds were extremely uncomfortable - it felt like I was sleeping on a cracker.
We were in the room closest to the check-in desk and the room was extremely loud. We could hear every ding of the elevator, every person checking in, and every person getting ice. In addition, we could here the phone conversations in the room next door (and I am sure they loved hearing my toddler request crayons in the middle of the night. Sorry about that).
We checked out after two nights and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I traveled to Tampa on family emergency so did not have time to spend looking for hotels, but this was a very pleasant surprise. Once in my room, it was completely quiet!!! I did not hear any noise from other guests within the hotel or even from the street (and it was on a fairly busy street). The room was spacious and clean, and the staff was polite and very helpful.

I would recommend to anyone traveling to South Tampa and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family