All reviews small basketball court free shuttle tampa downtown bedroom suite straz center full kitchen free breakfast hot tub within a mile radius the river walk outstanding customer service oatmeal breakfast staff hotel shuttle the shuttle driver nice pool busch gardens
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Stayed here for 6 nights last month, the hotel is under construction and is very dirty with workers coming in an out. The food in the morning and evening was not edible, after sitting in the makeshift dining room you would not even have an appetite to try the inedible food. Out of the 6 nights I stayed my room was only serviced twice, even asking the front desk to have it serviced. I was also surprised when checking out I had over 4 different charges on my credit card that the front desk lady couldn't explain. Upon arriving home I had an additional charge and couldn't even get anyone on the phone to explain or send me a receipt. The only thing I came away with from the hotel were two of their staff, a young man working the dining area in the evening and a young girl working the front desk, both were very nice and helpful. Would recommend staying at another downtown hotel if you have the option, I would guess any are better than this one.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Tamela P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry that you had an experience like this. Although, we pride ourselves with providing a memorable experience, it seems that we have fallen short on your stay. Please give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Room was great, very comfortable and remodeled.
However, some of the staff need improvement. I did not feel very safe as at once I asked for a hotel key (when I lost mine) and no identification was asked from my part, they just gave me the key. On the floor I stayed (long stay=three weeks) one of the maids kept the lock on to facilitate her from entering and exiting rooms she was cleaning instead of using a doorstopper, this resulted in slamming sounds each and every time she was going in and out of every single room (try working on your laptop with that sound).
I was in the conference room another day, trying to connect to a work meeting and another member of staff entered, asking me if it bothered me if she cleaned the carpet with the vaccuum to which I responded that I was taking a meeting, if she could postpone it just by a bit. She didn't understand or didn't care and continued to clean the room with the vaccuum. I had to leave the conference room.
Food is ok.
Location is great.
I'm very considerate of staff, but they have to consider that the majority of their guests are people on business.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Tamela P, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I have passed the information you provided to the appropriate department and we are addressing these issues immediately. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Hotel was in urgent need of a renovation. The rooms were very worn and breakfast was of "ok" quality. The front desk staff at check in ignored me while I stood waiting to check in. Helping guests that walked in behind me first was inconvenient as we were in a hurry. The courtyard was beautiful, clean and one of the best I've seen! The hot tub was perfect after a long day. It was my favorite part of the whole stay! I'm sure the rooms after renovation will looks amazing and I'm excited to stay again!

Room Tip: A view over the Courtyard was awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Tamela P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Unfortunately, there is room for improvement. Please when your travels bring you back to Tampa please allow us the opportunity to provide you with a more memoreable stay.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I stayed here in a newly re-done suite, and it was lovely. I had everything I needed, and enjoyed the comp. treats in the evening. Breakfast was also good, being re-stocked continuously by a conscientious hostess. I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Tamela P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. The next time that your travels bring you to Tampa please think of us.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend the Rum Festival at Curtis Hixon. Stayed on the 6th floor which is newly renovated and very nice. Great room with lots of space and full kitchen. Free breakfast, parking is $15 per night. Great location within walking distance to many bars and restaurants. Nice pool and outdoor courtyard area. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 7 September 2017

Dear Kjcharron

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Tampa Downtown and your recent post. Thanks as well for mentioning our newly renovated suites, free breakfast and excellent location.

We hope to see you again soon.

Management