All reviewssmall basketball courtfree shuttlebedroom suitetampa downtownstraz centerfull kitchenhot tubfree breakfastwithin a mile radiusthe river walkoutstanding customer serviceoatmealbreakfast staffhotel shuttlethe shuttle drivernice poolbusch gardens
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I really needed a hotel close to the Straz and this one was available on short notice (while others weren't), so even though I had read less than great reviews I took it anyways. Well, a lot of the things people complained about are true. I had a 6th floor room on the street side and on Saturday night it was quite noisy even with my white noise machine cranked up. Sunday breakfast was really packed with no place to sit, food always running out causing a long waiting line of hungry folks and all coffee (Caf & Decaf) not available for over 15 minutes (this was 9:30 am). Our toilet would leak a little in the bottom front as my wife found out the hard way when in the middle of the night the leak wetted her PJ bottom. Meanwhile the freezer in the fridge was very noisy whenever it kicked on. And the bedroom TV (not the sitting room TV) had video problems. So even though we survived, this hotel was not worth the amount we paid for it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Allen M
Tamela P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Great location. Seems everything we want to do is under 2 miles away. They gave a shuttle that runs until 8pm and will drop you off within a 2 mile loop. Our room wasn't ready at 4pm, but they were very accommodating and helpful. Booked a queen studio. Great size, clean and nicely decorated. Comfy. So far quiet. No street noise or noice from other rooms. Will book here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina S
Management response:Responded 26 April 2017

Hello Tina S,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time here with us here at the Residence Inn Tampa Downtown. We appreciate the kind compliments and the feedback about your stay. We look forward to the next opportunity to have you with us again.

Delucha

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We gave the desk 18 gift boxes for our sons wedding party guests- 5 people got boxes and the rest disapeared! Maybe stolen? When we asked the desk clerk she was rude, defensive and nasty to my wife and daughter. They are liers- rude incompitent people. They need new jobs as customer service is not for them. We would not ever stay here again. Also- when we checked in they gave us a dirty room. When I went downstairs the clerk almost didn't believe me. Then the new room- only 1 key worked.
Breakfast staff was great- very nice and helpful. The breakfast staff should be dealing with the customers instead of the rude incompitent nast desk clerks.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is tired and worn out but the staff make up for this in every way the breakfast is served with a smile the help from the front desk was ace and the bus service made access really easy.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 April 2017

Hello Nathan C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the current condition of the hotel. We are truly excited for our renovations starting in July. We hope you come back to see the changes that will be done.

Delucha

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Spent 5 nights here while touring colleges with my daughter. This hotel is conveniently located near Tampa Riverwalk and the University of Tampa. A free shuttle will drive you anywhere within a couple of miles of the hotel. Hot breakfast is included, and a guest laundry is available (the desk will supply laundry detergent and dryer sheets free of charge). Desk staff was courteous and helpful, but they seemed to be stretched thin during busy times. The only real negative: The decor, fixtures and fittings in the rooms are tired and worn - not just by Marriott standards, but by any standards. Stains on the carpet, toilet lid chipped and mismatched to the toilet base, bed soft and not particularly comfortable. So while I would definitely stay here again, I hope that Marriott will consider an overdue re-do of the suites soon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen K

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.