All reviewssmall basketball courtfree shuttlebedroom suitetampa downtownstraz centerfull kitchenhot tubfree breakfastwithin a mile radiusthe river walkoutstanding customer serviceoatmealbreakfast staffhotel shuttlethe shuttle drivernice poolbusch gardens
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is tired and worn out but the staff make up for this in every way the breakfast is served with a smile the help from the front desk was ace and the bus service made access really easy.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 April 2017

Hello Nathan C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the current condition of the hotel. We are truly excited for our renovations starting in July. We hope you come back to see the changes that will be done.

Delucha

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Spent 5 nights here while touring colleges with my daughter. This hotel is conveniently located near Tampa Riverwalk and the University of Tampa. A free shuttle will drive you anywhere within a couple of miles of the hotel. Hot breakfast is included, and a guest laundry is available (the desk will supply laundry detergent and dryer sheets free of charge). Desk staff was courteous and helpful, but they seemed to be stretched thin during busy times. The only real negative: The decor, fixtures and fittings in the rooms are tired and worn - not just by Marriott standards, but by any standards. Stains on the carpet, toilet lid chipped and mismatched to the toilet base, bed soft and not particularly comfortable. So while I would definitely stay here again, I hope that Marriott will consider an overdue re-do of the suites soon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen K
Tamela P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Straz Center for Performing Arts, which is approximately a 2 minutes walking. The hotel itself was more than adequate. The staff was accommodating, the room was clean, the location perfect. Also the bed was quite comfortable. There is free breakfast, which is mediocre at best, yet better than nothing. I enjoyed the fact that the coffee in the lobby was available throughout the day, rather than just in the morning.
This hotel is connected or shall I back to back with a courtyard by Marriott. There is a pool which I believe is shared by both hotels. I never saw it to be crowded though. There is also a basketball area and a family area with seating and a grill.
We would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannlee23

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Good location and. functional but disappointed with this Marriott property.
-Carpet in room very stained and shabby looking. Did someone fix there bike in the room?
-Room furniture rather dated
-Toilet must have had tank cover break at some point. "Replacement" did not fit this tank.
-kitchenette also tired. Looked a bit dusty in spots and was
- Desk clerk was pleasant but didn't meet what I have come to expect from Marriott

For many other tier 2 brand named hotels or non franchised hotels this would be more in line with what is borderline. For Marriott I find this sub par.

Let me close with it is very functional room overall, It is very convenient location to downtown and generally comfortable. It just falls pretty short of Marriott standard I'm my opinion.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Great location. Walking distance to restaurants. Complimentary shuttle. Service was excellent. Special thank you to Delucha for accommodating me upon check in. I've stayed here in the past and met my expectations.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business