“Excellent food and fantastic service!”

Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa
Ranked #73 of 2,607 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy waterfront drinks, tapas and our delicious Spanish/Cuban cuisine at the Columbia Cafe in the Tampa Bay History Center on the Tampa Riverwalk. The Cafe proudly serves locally brewed craft beers on tap. We offer a full bar, and serve lunch and dinner daily. Live music Friday and Saturday nights on our outdoor, canopy covered waterfront patio bar. Located next to the Amalie Arena, and walking distance along the Tampa Riverwalk from the Marriott Waterside Hotel, Embassy Suites, the Florida Aquarium and the Tampa Convention Center. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Guests can dine inside at a scaled-down version of the original mahogany bar at our sister restaurant, the Columbia in Tampa's historic Ybor City, built more than a century ago in 1905 by the Brunswick Company. If you're boating, we invite you to dock at Garrison Channel outside the Tampa Bay History Center at one of eight tie-ups.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here by chance and were delighted with both the quality of the food and the service. My daughter had the roast pork and I had the chicken entree, they were both delicious! Also such a nice setting outside by the channel.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The food is always delicious. The "1905" Salad is my favorite. The Spanish bean soup is a nice accompaniment to the salad. If you are extra hungry, plantains make a great appetizer. Love this place!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What an amazing gem tucked behind the museum. I did not realize it was part of the Columbia’s chain (though the name should’ve tipped me off)- I really wasn’t paying attention to the name.

We sat inside upstairs in a quiet little nook that was perfect for date night. Curtis made us an amazing cava sangria - at our table. Of course everything we ate was phenomenal. My husband had the Cuban sandwich and I had the - I forget, but it was shrimp and potatoes in a red, garlic sauce (it was on the menu as chicken, but Curtis recommended the shrimp substitution). Yummmmmmmm

Then finished off with the white bread pudding. Let me just say that I normally don’t like bread pudding. I’m glad we listened to Curtis’ recommendation. By the way- did I mention that Curtis was the bomb? We took half of our Sangria pitcher out for a walk along the river. What a great night!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Fresh baked authentic Cuban bread. The Cuban Sandwich is the best one I have ever had. Excellent service. The location, decor, history and location by The History Center is perfect ! A must do for anyone touring the city.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is a branch of a historic award-winning Cuban Tampa restaurant founded in 1905. I really wanted to eat at the Columbia on my recent vacation in the Tampa area. However, after a previous Cuban meal experience, I knew that the couple I was traveling with would not want to go to the café. Being able to eat at this restaurant while I visiting the museum on my own was a win for me.

I spent over an hour at the sun-filled restaurant enjoying a $9 mojito (perfect, not too sweet) and an $11 combo meal of half of a Cuban sandwich and Spanish bean soup.
Although the soup was a bit saltier than I am used to, the flavors were terrific. The soup and sandwich together were perfection!

I would definitely return.