All reviews the hard rock casino front desk free breakfast free shuttle yogurt shuttle service would stay here again room was clean and comfortable the breakfast area hot breakfast checking in coffee maker busch gardens ybor city fairgrounds property concert
Reviewed 14 September 2017

convenient location, close to Tampa, Brandon, the Florida State Fairgrounds, Hard Rock Casino, I-4, I-75, and the entire building is newly remodeled , with nice cheerful decor, great staff, they actually care, especially Debbie

Room Tip: rooms in front are quieter, but none are a problem
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 14 September 2017

This review is not about the hotel facilities. I did not visit this hotel. This terrible review is in the wake of Hurricane Irma. After listening to our local news station, my family and I decided to book this hotel to escape Hurricane Irma which was slated to hit Miami as a Cat 5. We drove for approximately an hour when we hit traffic and was stuck in traffic for another hour barely moving. We painfully decided to head back to Miami after hearing that traffic was at a standstill for miles and gas supply was limited (we did not want to take the risk of being stuck on the expressway). We called the hotel to let them know that we were not gonig to make it and we did not get through after several attempts. We called Marriott's corporate headquarters after and the next day to cancel and never got through. We waited on the line for 1 hour and 20 minutes before getting disconnected and again for another 45 minutes which i took a picture of the time before also getting disconnected. This hotel charged us for two nights and credited back one.

I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and the credit card rep was able to get through and speak to a hotel rep. The first hotel rep named Elizabeth hung up on my credit card representative. When we called again and we spoke to a second hotel representative, I was told that she was showing that we were there for 2 nights which is a complete and utter lie and that we were credited back for one of the nights because of their cancellation policy - this explanation did not make sense to me at all but that is what i was told verbatum. When i tried interrupting the rep to let her know that the informatino was wrong and that I was unable to check in she would not allow me to speak and when i finally was able to get her to listen to me she hung up!!! My credit card representative is a witness and was equally appauled. We have the incident recorded as does the hotel. I wish i knew the name of this person to post it herein.

The Governor of Florida indicated that hotels would waive cancellation fees due to the situation that South Floridians were facing. This was not the case and the lack of empathy from this hotel and a Marriot branded hotel is unbelievable. I want everyone to know that I am a Marriott rewards member and am a loyal customer.

I am posting this unfortunate incident to everyone that i know, every news organization, Marriott corporate headquarters, the Governor. I am lucky to have been relatively unscathed by the Hurricane. All i have to deal with is the loss of electricity which is going on for 4 days but to have to take time to write this with all the other things we are going through is incredible. I don't wish any ill will towards anyone but for this hotel affiliated with the MARRIOTT BRAND to nickel and dime its customers and take advantage and become opportunistic in a climate where people are suffering is disgraceful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Chose this hotel for free breakfast and shuttle to casino-was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the amenities and service. Everyone was friendly and courteous. Very comfortable beds-got upgraded (Marriott Gold member) to room with a sofabed which was great! Small fitness room but I was the only one using it-was very nice. Great little pool area. Breakfast was perfect-lots of choices, food very good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This hotel was tucked away right off of the highway. Short driving distance to Ybor City and the Hard Rock Cafe casino. The hotel even offers a shuttle to and from the casino until 3AM. We enjoyed a nice hot breakfast every morning and the food was good. The only con to this property was that a lot of frogs were by the side door due to the rain and a Palmetto Bug ( a HUGE flying cockroach) was in our room after the rain.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

No complaints as such. The only unofficial whine from my side was something I discussed with the hotel staff and that they couldn't have mitigated. The wine was the loud noise that woke everyone up from the ramp near by in the middle of the night for 2 nights in a row. Ended up staying here to attend the GPUG Summit 2016. The hotels near TCC were sold out way before summer. This is a good alternative if you have a rental car. Make sure you get the SUN pass (aka EZPass for New Yorkers), There are 2 WAWAs nearby, a subway, Wendys and a McDonalds. This hotel comes with free breakfast that is open daily for a reasonable amount of time. This is something I absolutely enjoyed. The staff members were very friendly.

Room Tip: FDOT funded on-going project made sure guests woke up in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business