See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 May 2015

i stay at this motel everytime im in tampa its real close to the casino clean and safe ,and well worth the cost, when we stay its on a fri- sat -sun and very close to all the parks also with out the hasles

Room Tip: we'll the room i like is room 112
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Tom D
Reviewed 7 March 2015

Yes, it's cheap and clean enough, but incredibly noisy with people coming and going at all hours if you know what I mean. We were exhausted by morning and glad to get out of there. Nice proximity to Hard Rock casino.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Stayed here because of its proximity to the casino! It was an ok stay, it is a little run down but I felt safe and also the parking was free. It was a 5 minute walk to and from the casino and also had a store nearby which served hot fresh food. If you just want to spend the majority of your night gambling then just stay here for the cheap rate.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank heyskiba
Reviewed 15 August 2011

If you are a non-smoker, you should avoid this motel at all costs! The stench of stale cigarette smoke odor that greeted us when we opened the door to the room was staggering. I quickly used the restroom and never returned to the room. It wasn't easy to procure another room on a busy weekend night when there was a huge concert at the nearby fairgrounds, but it was clear that we wouldn't be staying here. I refused to even leave my bags in the room for fear that they would absorb the smell. Yes, I am a non-smoker, but my husband is a former smoker. He has no problem spending 8-12 hours at a time in the smoke-filled Hard Rock Casino, but he, too was overwhelmed by the stench upon entering the room.

The two minutes I spent in my room using the restroom explained why the management has "No refunds" pasted all over the property and on all of the paperwork. Apparently, they only have one non-smoking room in the entire building, but don't bother trying that one-- I saw a woman exiting the room puffing away while chatting on her cell phone. It didn't seem to surprise the manager on duty at all when I checked out a few hours after checking in. They seemed to be accustomed to very short-term rentals.

It's a shame that we weren't able to give this motel a more favorable evaluation. With the exception of the terrible smell, they did seem to have made an effort to present a clean room and premises.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FLN8ive
Neil P, Neil, Manager at East Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Even though some time has passed, it is always discouraging to hear from an unsatisfied guest. I apologize that the hotel did not live up to your expectations, and wish you had been able to stay a little longer!

As you noted, we are committed to maintaining a clean environment, which is why we want to ensure that our hotel feels and smells as clean as it truly is. That said, we will heed your feedback, and do what we can to keep out the cigarette smell.

The next time you are in Tampa, I hope that you will give us another chance to impress you with top-notch service and a clean, fresh-smelling environment. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and take care.

Neil, Manager