“Great Hotel, Great Location, Excellent Customer Service”

TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #72 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Central Oregon, Oregon
“Great Hotel, Great Location, Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed here because of the positive TripAdvisor reviews. I'm glad I did. The hotel is convenient, comfortable, clean, and quiet. The level of customer service was so good that I sent the following email to the manager. I think is says it all.

Thank you again for the excellent customer service from you and your staff on September 21st. As we discussed, my flight to Tampa was 3 hours late. I arrived after 1am, called the hotel, and thought I knew where to wait for your shuttle. I was wrong. Jared at the front desk did an excellent job of handling the situation, especially in the presence of a frustrated, crabby traveler. Jared was pleasant, professional, and he solved the problem. I was also very impressed when I called down to the front desk in the morning (the real morning, not the middle of the night morning!). You didn't just grant my request, you obviously saw a note on my record which Jared must have entered about the shuttle issue and you asked me about it. A long time ago, I was a retail store manager. I wish I could say I had always handled things as well as you and Jared did, but I wasn't always that good.

Kudos to you and your staff. I hope to see you again.

Room Tip: All room locations are good. No noisy side.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Retailwonderer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Auburndale, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Rooms are smaller than any other Town Place I've stayed at. Most staff members are friendly. Breakfast needs improvement. No seating area in lobby to eat breakfast. Selections are less than any other Marriott Towne Place property.No hot tub.

Only restaurant within walking distance of hotel is an overpriced one in the Hilton Garden Inn next door. Food and service in this restaurant left much to be desired.

Overall if you are only spending the night before a flight this hotel is OK. Convenient to airport.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Abrndale
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011

Abrndale,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. We pride ourselves on providing world class service to all of our guests. Thank you for acknowledging the friendliness of our staff.

We are sorry that you did not feel there was ample seating for breakfast. Our Morning Break is more intended for breakfast on the go. Most of our guests either take it back to their room or grab it as they head out the door. We do currently only have one restaurant in walking distance but, we do have a complimentary shuttle to and from International Mall and Westshore Mall where there are several dining options. My personal favorite is The Cheesecake Factory at International Mall.

If you do make it back to Tampa we would love to have you back. Please contact me directly to assist with any future reservations.

Regards,

Angela S. Maurer
Assistant General Manager
angela.s.maurer@marriott.com
(813) 282-1081
Sellersburg, Indiana
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We had an opportunity to spend a long weekend over the recent Labor Day holiday. We opted to travel to Tampa, visit friend and spend some time at Clearwater Beach. We found this newer hotel by visiting Marriott.com. The establishment was nicely done, well kept and the staff was terrific. The hotel was centrally located to family and only a 20 minute drive to the beach. Did I mention only 5 minutes from the airport?

If you are a NFL football fan, this is anout 1.5 miles from the Tampa area NFL stadium.

Convenience, quality and service were all excellent. I typically stay at Marriott locations, and this was one of the nicer establishments that I have had a chance to utilize. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Wickliffe, Ohio
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Wow...the service was excellent, the room spotless, the amenities terrific and while we were there for only one night, we will definitely return when we can stay longer. Awesome experience!!! Thanks. C and C from Ohio

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CJ R
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Visited this hotel when it first openend... Good rate, close to the airport, about a 15 minute drive to the beach....

Enjoyed having the kitchen amenity, pool and the grill... Staff was ok nothing to brag about, surprised since marriott values its customer service...Stocked up on drinks and non perishibles and went bought a styrophom cooler to keep milk in... Went to the store and grilled some night.... The beach is absolutely gourges... One of my top destination spots

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family