“So Disappointed! ”

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Ranked #1 of 203 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is the ultimate family adventure, combining world-class thrill rides, live entertainment and more than 12,000 animals. Challenge a 335-foot drop tower, Falcon's Fury, or race like a cheetah on Cheetah Hunt. Busch Gardens' newest attraction, Cobra's Curse puts a spin on family thrills with this one-of-a-kind spin coaster.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Usually have passes for Busch in Williamsburg and water country. On vacation with family in Florida and we all decided to order passes to visit the Tampa location and SeaWorld. Placed my order over the phone and at No point did anyone ever inform me that I needed to pick up my passes at my “home location” I would have gotten them before leaving Virginia. So when we arrived at the park I showed my order and let the lot attendant know I had to pick my passes up.... I ended up paying for parking. $20... then when we arrived at the park waited nearly an hour in line to get to the ticket window. Out of three sets of windows only one set was open and wasn’t fully staffed. Mind you it is SPRING BREAK. Well the short staffed issues continued throughout the park. Didn’t even seem like half the food stands were open. One coaster was closed for maintenance and after waiting in hour in line for the next coaster some kid pulled a fire alarm and the lines were all evacuated. Continued our trip through the park and rode a few rides until they closed at 7pm.... AGAIN IT IS SPRING BREAK but yeah close at 7pm. Wait in line for nearly another hour at the customer service counter near the exit of the park and again was told nothing could be done about printing my passes, so on our trip to SeaWorld tomorrow and back to Busch on Saturday I will waste more time waiting in line for one day tickets. Definitely far from what I expected usually the customer service at the Virginia locations is outstanding. The park itself was gorgeous but not sure if it’s worth the hassle of all the lines I’m being required to wait in. Kinda defeats the purpose of being a “Premier Passholder”

2  Thank Crystal D
BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Crystal! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Busch Gardens. The experiences and comments of our guests are always welcome and greatly appreciated. We regret to hear about your experience. Could you contact us directly at BGA.GuestInformation@buschgardens.com so we may assist you further? Please include a copy of your review for reference. Thank you for reaching out.

Write a ReviewReviews (15,350)
All reviews
in 132 reviews
"quick queue"
in 156 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Love the environment, flowers and plants, and shows. Wonderful for just walking around. Seems to have something for all ages and physical abilities. Wonderful place.

2  Thank Louis F
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a great day at the park with the family. The weather was nice, the lines weren't long at all and we really enjoyed seeing all the different animals. Everyone in our party had a great time.

2  Thank MsMeache
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had a fun time at Busch Gardens. Had my 10 year twin boys who are roller coaster crazy. Completely enjoyed eight different coasters.

2  Thank Jim Q
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday in the first week of April, which was spring break for some. The park didn’t seem overly crowded but some of the lines were insane. Over an hour wait for the 2 water rides, which were pretty ordinary rides. The speed pass seemed especially exaggerated in this park which rubbed me the wrong way to be honest. I know most parks are doing this nowadays, but they went to very front of the line and even had there own lane with more boats than the lane with 100s of people waiting. May as well tack on the extra $ if your visiting this park. Problem is there aren’t that many rides compared to other parks and tickets are already high. That being said, the roller coasters lines weren’t quite as bad.

We ate at the bbq place which also had a long line. The food was decent and seemed to be priced ok. As usual for these places not enough drinking fountains around. We managed to stumble upon a pretty good ice show which made me feel less ripped off after a long day and only a couple rides. The animals were cool, but nothing extraordinary. The animals are where Busch Gardens tries to hang its hat to justify having a lack of rides and other attractions. $20 to park which I guess is pretty standard.

Overall, not a bad day. Just not a great value.

1  Thank Chuck S

Hi Chuck! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Busch Gardens. The experiences and comments of our guests are always welcome and greatly appreciated. We have shared your comments with the leadership team for their review and appropriate action.