All reviews reading lights wahoo front desk great hotel best westerns burger king beautiful room free breakfast comfortable beds biscuits and gravy hot breakfast yogurt easy access nice breakfast off the highway would stay here again up to date
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Great place for an overnight on a long road trip. Clean and comfortable. Hotel beds usually aren't the best but this one, I didn't want to get up!!! Great gym to use and stay in shape. This will be a stopping point again!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Nick L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Thank you for choosing us as your stopping point during your long road trip! I have heard that our beds make it hard to get up and get the day started though I'm glad you had a good sleep after a great workout! We look forward to see you next time you travel through Tallahassee!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 January 2016

So every year we drive from Hilton Head, SC to New Orleans, LA with our 3 kids (ages 2-6) and we usually try to drive straight through the night so that the kids sleep and we get there in the morning. Well this time, I was sick and knew I could not make the entire drive. So we drove until I could be in the car and then used our phone to find availability. Booked online and then called asking if we could be on the 1st floor as we were carrying in 3 sleeping children. The girl that answered the phone was very pleasant and accommodating (even at 11:30 PM). when we walked in, she said my name and said welcome. Explained that she booked our room on the 1st floor half way down so we could park by that entrance and get the kids right in. It was an easy transition and kids were back to sleep in 10 minutes.

On our way back to SC, we decided to break up the drive again since the kids did so well and we were exhausted. Called this place again and asked for the same room which was booked but she was able to get just a few doors down.

Very convenient to I-10 and very clean rooms.

My only negative was the breakfast was mediocre and my kids were mad that both mornings the pancake maker was not working

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your travels! I am glad to hear that Brittany was able to accommodate you when you arrived late at night. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and chose us on your way back home! I do apologize for the pancake machine not working during your stays. We are working to troubleshoot the machine more efficiently so this does not happen during your future visits.
We hope to see you and your family next year when you make this trip again!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 January 2016

Very friendly and professional, hotel is very clean and comfortable with the best beds i have slept in on my trip. Breakfast is served and its pretty much the same as most places. They have a great excersise room with lots of equipment.
In short, give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Thank you very much for leaving us a review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us including the beds and exercise room! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Tallahassee!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 January 2016

An overnighter at this modern alternative to the traditional Motel, a pleasant room with shower over the bath and the normal facilities for a 3 star establishment.

There is no restaurant or bar at this hotel but a new restaurant has opened nearby, called Wahoo. A very pleasant experience with excellent seafood and fish but the portions are gargantuan, in the American tradition; so don’t be tempted to order too much! I had the Chicken and Shrimp Combo and it was huge, three fried chicken breasts and a hill of shrimp, served with a mountain of fries. My partner ordered lobster and two arrived! She declared them delicious. It was a good thing that the hotel was close by because we were too full to walk more than a few paces.

Breakfast was a disaster at the Best Weston; the food was inadequate for anyone who doesn’t live on pancakes, waffles, sugar and maple syrup. Even the bread is sweet, the scrambled eggs, a congealed mess with bits of other food mixed in. The provision of tea proved a problem, as they expect everyone to drink coffee. The worst thing was the officious waitress, who stood around reprimanding people but not serving. She followed my wife into the reception area and ordered her to return to the breakfast room and clear the table! No service and rude staff, try the Holiday Inn next door!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip B

Hi Philip!

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review! I am glad that you enjoyed the room, shower and decor of our hotel! I am sorry to hear that you found breakfast to be inadequate. We take our customer responses very seriously and will be working diligently to improve our breakfast offerings.

I have had a meeting with our breakfast staff to address your complaints and I am positive that we will be able to deliver a better experience if you decide to stay with us again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or concerns,

Front Office Manager
(850) 562-7200

Reviewed 10 January 2016

This was a great place to stay. Everything was clean and the bed comfortable. The only thing I can think of that I did not care for was the scrambled eggs. They were like grits and must of come from a mix not the best. that's it! When we come back this way again we will for sure stay here.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Christopher!

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave us a review! Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast items; this helps us improve our service provided to you and your family for future visits! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you'll come by next time you come to Tallahassee!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Front Office Manager