“Management”

Days Inn Tallahassee-Government Center
Ranked #53 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I travel to Tallahasse about ever two weeks and i stay here at this Location because of The Management here, They are Very Compassionate about taking care of me every time i arrive, They are very Professional and they are by the Book in the Rules that are set in Place to keep My Personal Information Safe, I will only Stay here when im in Tallahassee. I have been too Hundreds of Hotels in the Past Years and i wish they were all like Days Inn South, I feel like im at Home Here !!

Room Tip: bottom rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank glen t
Jt-tallahassee, General Manager at Days Inn Tallahassee-Government Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Mr Glen we appreciate your feed back. .We are committed in satisfying our guest and understand there needs . Once again ,it is always our pleasure in welcoming guest like you ,look forward to your next stay again .

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Tallahassee-Government Center

Reviewed 25 September 2011

The staff was beyond pleasant and helpful. At check in, we were really made welcome. When I showed up 15 minutes before the posted 6 am breakfast, the clerk got the coffee cooking anyway. Rooms old but clean. The showerhead was wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My Self as F.O.P. state trustee along with presiden of same attending the fl. police memorial , found the operators & staff along with the room's ( best bed's ever) to one of the best location's that we have stayed at. We have informed our membership of this along with the P.B.A and friends, Also good breakfast. We will stay again next year.

RONALD VAN EVERY

Room Tip: Great place to stay, Good location,
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Front desk very friendly and efficient. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Lots of choices on the breakfast buffet, too. It's a little far from the FSU campus - 20 minute drive if traffic is bad. Very close to restaurants, shopping.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I made our reservation through priceline.com. Usually we stay at the La Quinta on Apalachee Parkway because it is close to my daughter. What we didn't realize when we'd planned this weekend, that it was Graduation Weekend for FSU and FAM and rooms were at a premium.

When we finally arrived at the Days Inn, the check out clerk was very nice and charming. It didn't hide the fact that some young boy was running around behind the counter distracting her. And just because she was charming didn't mean that I didn't notice that she waited on the 4 college gals that came in behind me.

I make my living on the internet and know how to make reservations. I had reserved (and paid for in advance) 2 beds in a non-smoking room. We drove around the building to our room it felt like we were entering a DMZ. Half of the rooms were unoccupied, with doors open, curtains sagging, furniture outside. It was crazy.

Our room consisted of a king sized bed. The smell of smoke was so thick I couldn't breathe. As an ex-smoker I remember the days of being treated like a second class citizen because of my habit...but I had specifically requested a NON smoking room. I called the front desk.

Again, the desk clerk was very charming although passive aggressive. If I wanted two beds and a non smoking room, why did I order a smoking king? I explained to her that I didn't. She sighed (just loud enough for me to hear her) and told me that she would call her boss and see what she could do. We waited for about 5 minutes in the room, gagging.

She called back and explained that her boss was reluctant to give us another room. She implied that priceline really screws over the motels and that they make NO money. However, she eventually gave us a room -- non smoking, 2 beds.

The room was shabby but clean. As a matter of fact, the whole facility is shabby. The beds were okay except that the blankets were of some type of rubberized velour that felt disgusting. The staff was nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
daysinngov, General Manager at Days Inn Tallahassee-Government Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2010

Thank you for your response .

We are family onwed and operated. I can appreciate your frustration with our a child being behind the counter. As parents, we sometimes forget that this situation could be a major distraction to our customers. We will minimize such situations in the future and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

As for the DMZ. We had a huge plumbing issue during this time period. New Furniture had to be taken out of rooms and unfortunately much of it had to be discarded. The good news is that we now have newer furniture in many rooms.

As for your room type issue. Had a non smoking room been available I would have gladly assign it to you. Research had led me to understand the issue arrised from the 3rd party to Wyndham reservation system, Although we were a victim as well we could've handled this situation better than we did and our apologies to you.

Although we can't change your experience, we remain hopeful that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the service you deserve. We do appreciate your business.