LongHorn Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2016

The low-end steakhouses are gone from this town -- Durango, Sizzlin', Quincy's, Ryan's. This is a cut above those in quality but still an informal sort of place where a customer will be comfortable in shorts and a T-shirt.

The elite places like Shula's and Marie Livingston's seem to look down their noses at sirloins. That is unfortunate because a good sirloin is the tastiest of steaks. Longhorn does a good job with theirs. They also have an excellent mid-range rib-eye.

I like the seven-pepper steak salad. The burger is okay but not among the best in town. The sides are about like everyone's. I like that the bar has free peanuts.

Tried the chili once and got a sugar shock. Will not make that mistake again. I'm technically reviewing a very recent trip, but I've been there many times.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

The salad was fresh and lobster chowder was good. My friend had a rib eye steak that he enjoyed and cooked like he requested. The food and service was fine.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Recently we visited the Longhorn Steakhouse in Tallahassee for a celebration with our granddaughter. The usually packed restaurant was unusually quiet this night.

We have visited this steakhouse many times in the past and usually experience outstanding service and food quality. I ordered my usual ribeye, it was delivered and appeared to have excellent presentation. However, I was disappointed to discover the very first slice I took to be tough. There seemed to be an inordinate amount of gristle in this particular steak. It was either that or the steak knife they gave me was particularly dull. The true test came with the first bite. It was the steak not the knife. More gristle was found in several parts of of my steak, meaning much had to be discarded.

I will chalk this one up to just a freak accident and not hold it against them and future visits. The other dishes they served that evening were up to their usual excellent standards.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

The peanuts pulled us in (and are terrific, and in endless supply)! LongHorn is a very comfortable setting, and on this night, an excellent first impression. Lots of electricity with the crowd there, and then we met our server ...

Her name is Jewels, and was the perfect representative of the restaurant. An FSU student, and very hospitable. She took very good care of us, and suggested the chef salad, the BBQ chicken, and a few Sam Adams. Thumbs up all around ...

But those incredible peanuts! We look forward to returning soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Good food decently priced. my wife and I were placed next to the kitchen so we had a lot of noise and could not have a proper conversation. Our server was excellent and always had a courteous and professional manner throughout.