“Best steak we have had in years!!”

Marie Livingston's Texas Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #54 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Do not judge this book by it's cover! Honestly, if we saw it and we were just driving past we most likely would not have tried this restaurant. We DID go, based on the reviews, and we were so pleased! Two of us ate NY strip steak (the "small " portion was huge), one had the shrimp. Delicious! The young man who was our server was very pleasant and attentive. He brought our dinner rolls fresh from the oven! Salad was fresh and crisp. The Key Lime Pie for dessert was light and wonderful with a great crust. Easily accessible , about 10 minutes or less from the State House. We will definitely go to this restaurant again when our travels bring us back to Tallahassee.

There are newer reviews for Marie Livingston's Texas Steakhouse and Saloon

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

You can count on Marie's for a consistently good steak. Now here is where there is a problem ... Attention to detail in the facility is sorely lacking. We sat at the bar and our servers were lovely. As we took notice of our surroundings we noticed that at least 12 light bulbs were out in the otherwise beautiful chandeliers; the air conditioning vents were dark with mold (gross); the floor has been stripped of its tile and is now a dirty cement mess; the bar chairs need painting; the glass shelving has the dust of years; the outdoor landscaping has not been cared for in a long time and so on. My point, if this is what I can see in a few moments at the bar, imagine the kitchen!!!!

I hope that Marie takes these comments to heart and cleans up her act.

We really do love the food and would like a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

A wonderful lunch experience, great value, great service, great food!!! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Highly recommend for lunch.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

It has been many years since we had visited a Marie Livingston restaurant - there is only one in Tallahassee now despite what is listed on the internet. We arrived early on a Saturday and the four of us were seated immediately. The appetizers were very good - cheese sticks (typical of any restaurant) and the Spicy Thai Shrimp were delicious. Our waiter was Dylan. Out of the four orders, he got my order wrong - it was suppose to be prime rib but I was brought a rib eye. At first I was going to keep the rib eye but because it was too overcooked, I asked to have it exchanged and he did that very quickly and the prime rib was excellent. I do have one complaint regarding the menu - there is no substitution for the salad. I have recently had extensive surgery and cannot eat raw vegetables and asked if I could get two sides rather than salad and one side. Dylan said that it was restaurant policy and he could not do that. Since I got two sides, I was charged extra for the second even though I did not get a salad. The rolls are absolutely heavenly. Good experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Fantastic service. Steaks so tasty and tender they melted in our mouths.
My wife and I love to dine at Marie Livingstons....it is by far the BEST in Tallahassee!

1  Thank BeachRetired