“Great find ”

Ranked #2 of 872 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

OMG the food here is awesomely yummy! For appetizers, we had the mushrooms egg rolls, out of this world. My husband had the red fish, cooked to perfection. The fish came with freshly breaded okra and rice with red beans, he absolutely loved it. I had the flank steak cooked to perfection with mashed potatoes and onion rings. Service was great. I recommend it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I've been coming here at least several times per year since I moved to Tallahassee 15 years ago. I've never had a bad meal. Food is consistently creative and delicious. I'm a semi-vegetarian (I eat seafood), and there are always plenty of options for me. I think the decor is delightful. I understand the restaurant's popularity leads to wait times. No complaint there.

However, two issues leading me not to award five stars. I ate here last night. It was a cool spring evening (for Tallahassee), yet it was on the warm side and stuffy inside, as it usually is. I understand the open kitchen works against the AC system, but it really feels like they need to improve the ventilation. You will leave the restaurant smelling strongly of the kitchen.

The service has been sub-par for as long as I've been dining here. It's an issue of both competency and attitude. Sometimes, the servers have a less than positive attitude. That was not the case last night. The server was warm and friendly. However, on the competency side, it's a fairly common experience for me here (including last night) that servers lack professionalism. I don't feel the servers check on tables frequently enough. And last night, as the server was clearing our plates, she stacked all the dishes on top of each other. On the table. Really? Gross. Etiquette 101. I wouldn't do that in my home, and I certainly don't expect it to happen at what is acknowledged as one of Tallahassee's best dining spots and with its price point. Providing more training to the servers would greatly improve the experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This is a quirky restaurant with an ever changing menu. The food is always good even though some of the combinations sound strange.
This place is always busy so they must be doing something right. Enjoy!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

All we can say is awesome!! Busy morning, but service was quick and the food (I had the veggie skillet no egg, and the server offered extra avocado and cheese at no charge)

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Had dinner here and can now understand all the great reviews, they definitely deserve them. We arrived at 5:45 and the restaurant was already full so we had to sit outside. IT was a little chilly out but they had some heaters and the warm food kept us toasty. The calamari and tuna starter were very clean and fresh tasting. The miso salmon was incredible, the flank steak was cooked to perfection, and the pasta was very filling. The creme brûlée was a great end to the meal. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank MillieNess1