“Great Food, No-Personality Bartenders and Expensive Wine!”

Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 913 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: USD 10 - USD 29
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Avenue Eat & Drink features a Southern Fusion menu with influences from FL, SC, LA and GA. Our Goal is to source 70% of our product locally and achieve a product that is 50% organic and green. We have a wide variety of appetizers, salads and entrees, an extensive wine and specialty martini list. We are open Monday-Sunday for lunch and dinner. Open Saturday and Sunday for brunch.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Compliments to the Chefs at Avenue Eat and Drink. Their Short Ribs are excellent! Avenue has a great atmosphere. I like this restaurant for the food and for the atmosphere but not so much for the bartender who had no-personality and Avenue's expensive wine-by-the-glass menu. The bartender was indifferent and answered questions with clipped one-word replies not just with me but with other patrons as well. I found the bartender annoying. And then there is the wine list . . . I accept that restaurants make a lot of their money with wine and cocktails and I do not mind paying a premium price for wine when I dine out. But here at Avenue the price of a single glass of wine, a wine I am familiar with, was priced well-over the price for an entire bottle. This Zinfandel, if I remember correctly, was priced at $15 per glass. This particular Zinfandel is a medium-quality wine that sells for between $11-$13 PER BOTTLE at the grocery store! $15 for a medium-quality glass of wine that costs $11-$13 a bottle retail is way too much to pay, so I had water instead.

In spite of the bartender and their expensive wine list I will give Avenue another try because of the food. Hopefully the next visit will be better.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Our dinner party of 25 was seated promptly at the time of our reservation. Our wait staff were patient, knowledgeable, helpful, attentive, and personable.
Our drinks were made perfectly. The salad was crisp and fresh. Our meals were served immediately when done from the kitchen, and prepared with perfection.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Perfect from start to finish.
Food and service were exceptional.
Applewood bacon Eggs Benedict, cheddar cheese grits,
Deviled eggs, cornmeal pancakes,
Breakfast potatoes, biscuits ....
Awesome!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

First time in town, for business, stsying at hilton next door, asked for non-college crowd food and wine restaurant....perfect spot....nice cizy elegant atmosphere, adult crowd, nice little bar, slightly pricey but ambiance is great, food was amazing, got the seafood saute, my buddy got tgmhe grouper plate, staff was courteous, highly recommend for date night, business crowd, adult crowd, great first impression!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Friends took us to this restaurant near our hotel. Nice quiet ambiance so we could hear each other talk. Very good food. We can recommend the shrimp and grits.