Open today: Closed
Rustic Blues Club with soul

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
gabodd
Tallahassee, Florida
Undoubtedly the last great juke joint in Florida!

Reviewed 10 October 2018
504_DaHat
via mobile

All reviews juke joint catfish bucket list bonfire bbc woods stage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My significant other spent the last three minutes of the ride trying to convince me that we weren't trespassing or walking into a horror movie. Thankfully he was right! When we finally turned off the unpaved road and found the trailer/bar/juke joint, I was pleasantly surprised. Inside, it was a trailer that didn't feel like a trailer when you were in it. Outside, large white flowers (pos. hibiscus?) wound their way around the entrance and a projector filled the trees with lights. Food was offered (including catfish) in a different trailer off to the side, the drink menu was diverse, and seeing live music was a pleasure. Not a lot of dancing room if everyone had wanted to dance but thankfully not everyone did. It was a cozy, clean, enjoyable place with a lack of pretension that made it awesome.

Gary A, Owner at Bradfordville Blues Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting us in the backwoods! Finding the club is half the experience. We're glad our goat trails didn't deter you. Now that you know where we are, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

If you’re ever in Tallahassee...make it your mission, goal, bucket list, etc. to stop by this place. Sitting in a wooded area off the main road, the BBC has some of best entertainment in Blues, Rock and R&B ever. The atmosphere is like coming home and Gary and Kim will treat you right.

DaHat--Many thanks for you review! We're off the beaten path but that adds to the club's charm. Fortunately, bands like playing here which allows us to bring in the best touring musicians. Stop by and see us again!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This was like living a dream night from the 30’s: fantastic energy, great positive vibe and amazing music in a juke joint setting with the small tables in front of the stage. The memorabilia is worth the admission alone. Saw Albert Castiglia there and had an awesome time.
Truly could have used an additional wait staff, had to wait a long time for drinks, so we just started going to the bar ourselves and that was fine.
Def coming back as much as we can.

Gary A, Owner at Bradfordville Blues Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Many thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience with others! We've worked hard not to change things--club looks the same as it did decades ago. We work hard ay maintaining the music quality, too. Looks like we need to work harder on improving our server staff! Thanks for you input and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The Randall Bramblett Band. Great music. Lively crowd. Make reservations! Ernestine was just starting to cook fish at 10PM?!! Sorry we missed that! Bonfire to sit by. We had to get back to Steinhatchee (my fault logistics on the distance to motel!) Dark roads to travel. I am glad I got to experience this place. A historical marker on their property. If you live close by I would support them. This place reminded us of Skippers Smokehouse in Tampa.

Sunshine came softly through our juke joint and we're happy you did. We are sorry for the belated response and hope it won't take you as long to return!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The Bradfordville Blues Club (BBC) is a one of a kind, nationally renowned, original juke joint. It is my favorite venue to hear live music and enjoy the company of family and friends. The BBC is also a gathering place for persons from all walks of life and a great place to dance. You can hang with band members before their performance, experience the music 10 feet from your table, and dance with abandonment. The BBC is a must-go!

2  Thank rgluecka

Thank you Rob and Linda for your continued support over the years! You guys know how to light up the dance floor. Much love and see you soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This blues club, in a clearing north of Talllahassee, full of character...a surviving juke joint, puts on fantastic live bands. A campfire outside to welcome you, freshly cooked fries and catfish courtesy of Miss Earnestine at the interlude, ....this is a absolute 'must go'.
If you like live blues, like to dance, go....experience 'real' music.
We come from UK here, whenever we can.
'Packrat smokehouse' really brought the house down tonight - thank you Gary and Kim

Gary A, Owner at Bradfordville Blues Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Michael- Many thanks for your good words! The club is unique in its location and atmosphere. Hope too see you return again.

Gary

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Small quaint place! Close up to stage. Get up dance a little ! Grab you a beer or wine at the bar !! Step outside by a bon fire or slip beside that to Einsteins fried catfish with fries!! So you can have something to eat and something to drink. You will be stepping back in time to New Orleans "bourbon street " in the woods of Tallahassee Fl!!

Gary A, Owner at Bradfordville Blues Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Many thanks for your review of the Bradfordville Blues Club. Excellent description of our hole in the wall! I'll relate your comments about the fried fish to Ms. Ernestine (about the only Einstein around this joint!).
Gary

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Fun show, some 2-4 hours long with an interlude. When you arrive, order the fish on the little hut left of the club, you will get it during the intermission. The show's fun, the place is clean, great acoustics and performers are always entertaining. The crowd is small, never seen more than 30-40 people. Mostly +45 years old.
It's undoubtedly the best price/ratio attraction in Tallahassee.

1  Thank AntonioPons
BradfordvilleBlues, Manager at Bradfordville Blues Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you so much...

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

About 2 weeks ago I read a review of BBC in a local newspaper insert where I was advised that BBC was a "must visit" when in Tallahassee on a Friday or Saturday night. I found myself in Tallahassee on 9/12/15 and checked it out, and I'm glad I did.

I was somewhat apprehensive to go alone because sometimes a local club isn't always welcoming to "outsiders". This was not the case with BBC! With a standing room only crowd, from the time I walked through the doors I felt at home and the regulars quickly greeted me and told me of the history of the club. I initially planned on only staying for a short time but ended up staying for the entire show. Great music, great atmosphere and a great time overall!

I suggest reservations and don't miss the catfish by the fire - fantastic!

I'll be back!

BradfordvilleBlues, Owner at Bradfordville Blues Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you so much...

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

If in Tallahassee on a Friday night you have to go! The music is great and there was enough space to dance. Love this place and look forward to going again when in Tallahassee!

GaryAnton, Owner at Bradfordville Blues Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank you so much. It makes us feel wonderfully happy to know that you enjoyed the music and the BBC. Thank you, again.