“Unique Neighbor Style Diner with a Greek Flair”
Review of Pappas Diner

Pappas Diner
Ranked #266 of 882 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just enjoyed an early dinner before a show. My husband ordered the Athenian Chicken and I ordered the Greek Combination. The food was fresh and good. We finished with baklava for dessert. Everything was good and a good value.
Unpretentious dining. We plan to return. Neighboring diners tell us we should come back for breakfast.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

French toast was tasty. The eggs in the eggs Benedict were unevenly cooked, with some yolk being overcooked and some white under. The sauce did not have the lemony taste and smooth texture that it should have. The "Greek" dressing on a salad was sweet and not vinegary enough compared to any Greek dressing I've had anywhere. Salad was huge for the price and very fresh, although mostly iceberg lettuce and slabs of cucumber. Service was good and the staff were extremely friendly. I'll go back here and try something else, in part because the staff were great and because my son liked his French toast so much.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

very friendly and prompt service they may give you too much food. the regular fries are very average, but the best breakfast potatoes in town. the rye bread stands up to the grilled sandwiches especially the reuben and the patty melt. This place has become a weekly for myself and many of my friends. not quite a jersey diner, but an oasis in tallahassee.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I ordered the Greek Combination. The Greek Salad, Spinach Pie, Moussaka and Pastichio are served on the same plate; portions are large and I also had lunch the next day with leftovers. The salad included olive, feta cheese, onion, green pepper & tomato and lettuce. The ground beef in the Moussaka and Pastichio was undercooked and pink. I asked for a box and took these to go, so I could cook it more for lunch the next day. I felt pretty full after eating just the green salad and the spanakopita (spinach pie) at the restaurant. But as I am so nervous about getting sick from undercooked ground beef, I probably won't be back.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Many who dine here think this is a Greek Restaurant. Tallahassee doesn't have any Greek restaurants. This is a Greek diner, with many menu options, including some traditional Greek items. By far the best genre here is breakfast. Very good and tasty - and breakfast is served all day.