All reviews waffles worth the mile drive service road front desk olive garden room was clean fresh baked cookies florida state university quick check the breakfast area nice breakfast bed and pillows continental breakfast biscuits and gravy sitting area king suite the rooms were nice
Reviewed 15 November 2016

I checked in at 7pm with fifty teenagers and three adults. Our room keys were ready and check in went smoothly. The hotel is close to Governors Square Mall and FSU. It is walking distance to Buffalo Wild Wings, McDonalds, and Starbucks. The hotel lobby is small but quaint. The rooms were spacious, clean, updated, and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2016

November 12, 2016 The clerk on duty ruin a big surprise for me. He had me to wait outside for two hours saying he didn't see the reservation.
His name is Rangy. Upon the arrival after I came in the hotel twice asking for him to double check he said there weren't any reservations. Once my future husband arrived he said then he had the reservation. That was an terrible experience because of his poor customer service toward me.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I could not even begin to start my review of this hotel without first saying this wonderful lady Brittany Cook, Front Desk Leader enhanced every facet of our experience with her kindness and smile. It started before we even arrived. Having just had surgery my daughter Jen, called ahead for my mother and I to ensure we would have some assistance with our bags, she was over and above with a helpful and cheerful attitude exuding even over the phone. I feel I have made a true friend in Brittaney. She is by far the best asset this hotel has. Priceless. At the end of our weekend she herself loaded our bags. After sharing a moment of looking through our pics from the weekend. Thank you Brittany Cook. I hope they appreciate you and whatever they pay you it's not enough. You can't put a price on the smiles you bring to others.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Perhaps the worst hotel experience I have ever had. We were with a group of 23 on a Model A auto tour. The group had contracted in writing for accommodations and the use of a room for our daily meeting/happy hour. The contract was made in person ahead of time after a tour of the hotel.

Upon arrival, the entire lobby and ground floor was under construction. The meeting room was unavailable, the ice machine was disconnected, the laundry was disconnected and water to the guest rooms was shut off until after 5:00. There was a sign apologizing for any inconvenience. With the majority of our group over 80, the conditions were far worse than an inconvenience; thaty created a safety hazard.

At no time before arrival were we told that the property would be such a mess or that the amenities that were advertised would be unavailable. We asked to speak to a manager but were told that no member of management was available. The desk clerk did tell us that he was authorized to pay for appetizers for the group at a restaurant down the street.

All and all, our experience was misserable. Our group should have been contacted in advance and informed that we would encounter safety hazards and that the hotel did not intend to honor the contract. It was very clear that Choice Hotels and the management of this property put revenue ahead of the safety and comfort of their guests.

Room Tip: Check in at the Marriott accross the street.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim C
Matt L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Jim C,

First off I would like to apologize for the inconvenience your group had during your stay with us. We are in the first phase of a complete renovation of the property which is to remove wallpaper and repaint the interior. The painters were supposed to be done prior to your groups arrival however for unplanned reasons they were delayed although all work is complete now. It was my pleasure to accommodate your group at our pool area and to make dining accommodations for your group at Miller's Ale House next to us and to offer your entire group free drinks and appetizers on behalf of our hotel. We hope you will return when visiting Tallahassee again to see all the enhancements we have made to the property!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

It was clean, comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The location was great close to shops, resturants and the friends we went to visit. We were there in the fall and the room was warm and cozy; however the parking was an issue.

Room Tip: The ground floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple