“Best Filet Ever”
Review of The Blu Halo

The Blu Halo
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blu Halo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I dine at The Blu Halo frequently and enjoy the atmosphere, cocktails, meals , service and staff. I have never been disappointed. My last visit was on Tuesday, March 21 and the filet I ordered was cooked to perfection and the truffle fries are always a favorite not to mention the well crafted cocktails. Unfortunately as the evening progressed I was distracted and did not hear the bar tender mention the gentleman sitting adjacent from me was kind enough to pay for one of cocktails. Thank you rogw60 for the drink and hope you will pay The Blu Halo another visit in the future.

1  Thank Laura W
Keith P, Owner at The Blu Halo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thank you so much for the awesome review. I have to agree that our steaks and the filet for sure are the best steaks in town. We cook them in a 1700 degree broiler which makes a huge difference. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Blu Halo

Reviewed 22 March 2017

In town for business and wanted a good steak. Found the Blu Halo online and the reviews were good so I decided to give it a go. It's in a very nice new retail development and the atmosphere is awesome. I sat at the bar and drinks and service were great. Decided to order the dry aged bone in 14 oz New York strip for $45. Ordered it medium rare. Sides were Ala Carte so I got the truffle fries and mushrooms. Steak came out and it was at least 5 oz. short of 14. The smaller part of the steak was med. well. I thought I the bartender heard me wrong but I checked the plastic marker they had placed in the steak and it indeed read "Med Rare". I cut towards the other end and it was medium. It was late and I didn't want to wait for them to recook so I decided to eat it. Fries were hot and very good. Mushrooms were warm and had no flavor. Bill was with drinks was $110. My company paid the bill but it was one of the worst steaks I've had at any price. For $45 I expect a hot, great tasting, thick steak. I've had better at Longhorns. I spoke with someone else at the bar and they ordered grilled fish and said it was very good.

Keith P, Owner at The Blu Halo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you very much for the feedback and I wish we could have recooked that steak for you. It looks like we hit the ark with everything else and the next time your in town please let me know as I want to pick up the tab. We are going to a Manhattan cut here soon with the strip which will be a treat. Thanks again.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

My husband and I ate at the Blu Halo for brunch on Sunday. We both ordered the Spinach Salad. It comes in a huge bowl and the dressing is awesome. The Fried Brie is also quite tasty. I had the Shrimp Club Sandwich, which could have used a little more bacon - one of my sandwich wedges had none. The service is attentive and knowledgeable. Love the bright, stylish atmosphere.

Keith P, Owner at The Blu Halo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will certainly let chef know about the bacon. We can't wit to see you again...

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We started out with The Goat and the Ahi Poke as appetizers. The aptly named Goat was panko crusted goat cheese served with strawberry preserves, spicy pecans and toast points. The cheese was warm and the crust was crispy. The flavors were wonderful. The Ahi pole was fresh and served on an avocado bed with capers and sesame crisps. Excellent presentation and flavor. With our appetizers we tried the Blu Martini - their version of a cosmo - only neon blue in color. It was high octane but yummy if you like a good martini. My husband chose the lobster seafood pasta special which was amazing (I had a taste) and I had the filet mignon prepared perfectly to order. I did order a split lobster tail which was presented atop the steak without any drawn butter (my only very minor miss). We shared the asparagus sautéed and topped with shaved Parmesan, bacon and lemon. It was tender but not overdone and had a rich and full taste. We had a house merlot for happy hour which had very nice legs and a full bouquet. To finish off our dining experience we had the lemon cheesecake with blueberry compote served with a side car of chocolate Kahlua. Wow! I was a bit unsure up about the flavor combo but our server Jude assured us it was his favorite and he didn't let us down. So, food, drinks, service all get an A in this critics record book!

1  Thank Freckles-in-FL
Keith P, Owner at The Blu Halo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you so much for the AWESOME review. We are so glad you enjoyed so much and took the time to write a wonderful descriptive account of your evening. We can wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere is really cool. The food was good. We had issues with getting steaks cooked like we wanted but they cooked them again and we got there. The service was very good and they have a nice wine list. Would go back.

1  Thank Ken S
Keith P, Owner at The Blu Halo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thank you so much Ken for the kind words. We are very proud of the restaurant we put together and are so glad you enjoyed. Can't wit to see you again soon.