All reviews waffles free breakfast housekeeping staff an older property breakfast attendant poolside room would stay again stuart florida tiki
Reviewed 27 June 2016

We came late and tired and he went the extra mile to help us straighten out our reservation which was made accidentally on the wrong day. I work in the business and wonder if the people I work with would actually do that! The hotel is dated, but clean. The breakfast was good and people very nice.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing? I am pleased
to hear that you were treated wonderfully by the front desk agent Chris. He is an
asset to our TEAM and we certainly will let him know his help was appreciated.
Best regards and please do come stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

The Clarion Inn in Stuart, FL is a clean, basic bare bones budget hotel and works well for those needing a bed, bathroom and medium quality free breakfast. Fancy digs with attentive service, this place is not. Still, the desk clerks are courteous and the rooms are relatively clean. I was a bit taken aback by what appeared to be blood stains on one of my pillow cases, but as each bed has four pillows of varying softness (a lesson learned from Hampton Inn perhaps?), I simply tossed the blood spattered pillow aside.
Amenities such as the pool, tiki bar and nightclub are marginal at best, but, again, given the discount room prices, my expectations were not high to begin with.
Most disconcerting, however, is the number of security guards on hand, at least during weekend evenings. While I champion good security at hotels, I wonder why Clarion Inn of Stuart needs three to four on weekends. Is the night club, which seemed relatively tame despite some seedy characters lurking about, a haven for late night troublemakers?
But even if one overlooks this aspect which gives me pause, the metro train across Federal Highway is certain to throw off your circadian rhythms if not leave you entirely sleep-deprived. The train rumbles through nightly and blows its horn four times at least every hour if not more frequently. (I gave up looking at the clock as I made a head sandwich between two non-stained pillows and tried to sleep.)
I realize the train is out of Clarion's control, but if you are looking for a good night's sleep, you won't find it here, unless you are a deep sleeper who can snooze through anything.
The big advantage to this Clarion is that it is on the main drag and its proximity to all types of restaurants and clubs makes it a good location. For business travelers in need of a solid night's sleep, I recommend a quieter spot farther off the main line.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank D-Day04
ClarionInnStuartFL, Webmaster at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you because we had more security on duty than you would have liked and experienced some train noise. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

My family and I usually use this hotel at least 4 or more times a year. In the last year this hotel has gone to hell. Will never use them again!! Dirty sheets and rude staff members. Hotel should be a shame

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cartertonja

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions and for staying with us frequently. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your needs this time because of some problems with management, which we are now getting under control. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process aimed at making the hotel better than ever before. I hope you will visit again and see how we’re getting better every day. You’ll be surprised by all the positive changes the next time you come.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Located 2 minutes from Historic Old Downtown where you'll find great reasturants.the room was clean, the water was hot, the A/C was cold and with concrete walls between the rooms you'll sleep like a baby.

A full breakfast for everyone in your party is free! You know what a family of four pays at Perkins for breakfast...half of what the room costs!

No complaints, it's not the Hilton Hotel but I didn't pay $200 a night!

Room tip: Chose a room in the back building away from Federal Highway...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ClarionInnStuartFL, Webmaster at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel here in Stuart. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Clarion in Stuart only because this was the only hotel with rooms. The hotel rooms are in desparate need of repairs. From the minute I walked in the room smelled like weed. The sofa had white stains all over it; the sheets looked as if they hadn't been changed. The bathroom had mold on the ceiling and the toliet ran all night. I called the desk for a room change and she informed me that all rooms smelled like smoke because of the tikki bar and night club in lobby!

I should have known this was going to happen. When my husband and I walked in we asked the front desk agent if they had any discounts. We were talking about AAA or AARP. She replied how much would you like to pay? Jokingly he resonded 45 dollars. She said ok! Folks be very careful.. You pay for what you get.

Breakfast was terrible. The gravy was watered down, biscuits cold and stale, and the waffle mschine broken. My husband saw a few police cars in the parking lot. He decided to talk to an officer since he is retired military. The officer stated they had just busted a meth lab in a guest's car who had been staying at the hotel for months. He recommended we check out and not stay here or the Sububan Inn. These were the two hotels in town that basically had a call per day related to drugs.

I have stayed at some bad hotels but this one wins the award. We have fallen in love with the Stuart area. We visit whenever we can; however we have learned to make sure we make reservations ahead of time at one of the other hotels. We may not get a $45 rate but at least we will be safe and enjoy our stay.

I honestly could not recommend this hotel to anyone even if they would let me stay for free!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LeighBeaty23

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.