“Excellent Sushi and seafood”
Review of The Twisted Tuna

The Twisted Tuna
Reserve with OpenTable
The Twisted Tuna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 288 Restaurants in Stuart
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Twisted Tuna, located in beautiful downtown Port Salerno with waterside dining on the Manatee Pocket. Our menu is sure to please, offering delicious original appetizers, great seafood entrees, Salerno's only oyster and sushi bar, and an authentic brick pizza oven! Come by Land or Sea! Also featuring second-floor upscale dining and LIVE BANDS both inside and out on the deck!
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My rule of thumb is: if it wasn't swimming in the ocean or gulf yesterday or the day before, don't put it on my plate. This place did not disappoint. Rolls were innovative. Sashimi and nigiri were awesome. Fish entrees were super fresh. I'm going back.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Wife was CRAVING a burger. Been to Twisted Tuna before for lunch and my wife had the Mega Margarita which was huge and just the right amount of tequila. Since we have a house right in Rocky Point thought we try again and see how there burgers measure. Let me tell you, not only did she LOVE it but I thought it was great. Finally find a place that not only knows how to season a burger but can also cook a proper medium (great pink in the middle) just past medium rare. Great job. Their Italian garlic wings are also totally on point and not to mention their fries are GREAT. Definitely coming back.
Our server Josie was sweet and attentive, checking on us to make sure we weren't too warm on one of the coolest evenings in weeks . She's definitely a keeper.
As stated earlier, we've been here multiple times and this is the first a Manager came to see how our evening was going... thank you Maria!!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The hostess was a bit off-putting. Too busy on the phone to acknowledge the three parties waiting in front of her.

With that inauspicious beginning, we had a shrimp tempura sushi as a shared appetizer. It was acceptable.

Tropical grouper tacos with blackened grouper was amazing.

I tried the crabby steamer platter and the mahi francese and both were good.

Our Vegan party member really enjoyed her vegetable plank (ordered without the smoked Gouda).

But for a repeat visit I would stick with one of the fish taco selections because those are on point!!

The only downside to the evening was a "cackler" who got louder and more obnoxious the more she drank.

As she left, she shoved a waitress out of the way.

I would recommend some type of "baffling" on the ceiling to reduce the ambient noise level.

Bobby was our waiter and he was fantastic. Conscientious but not intrusive.

Dessert? "A Slice of Summer" and salted caramel cheesecake.

I would whole-heartedly recommend the salted caramel cheesecake. The "slice of summer" was good but...

Twisted Tuna - try it, ask for Bobby, have the tacos, and finish with salted caramel cheesecake.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Overall an amazing place! I have gone to this restaurant soooo many tims and I've never have anything bad to say, the atmosphere is amazing, many different levels, bright colors , right on the water, a huge deck completely around the restaurant, the drinks are awesome ; Zack is the BEST bartender, the management is great always making sure your having a good experience, Maria the manager is the sweet manager ive ever met and you can tell her employees love her to death ! The owners are awesome , their customers are there #1 priority along with there staff and make sure everything is always perfect in that place, service is always on point and super friendly, BRITTANY C, & KEN are our favorite. Maria the manager also handles parties for every and any occasion, she always makes it possible ! The bars are huge and there is never a long wait for drinks, the setting at the twisted tuna is so fun and relaxing I feel like I'm on vacation every time I go here and i never want to leave, I would recommend it again and again, night life bands of all different styles and games on the deck, DOG/ PET deck friendly too ! i mean really that goes to show what this place is all about, tons of different events, this place is amazing ill never stop coming here on my days off in sunny florida ;D breakfast, lunch or dinner it is the place to be .

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Usually love the place but had the worst experience ever tonight. Set up our party of 16 at the wrong table, male manager was rude, hostess ruined the "surprise" party for my father, hair in one of the dishes, had us sitting the hottest part of the restaurant, wait staff constantly running in to our party (mostly the 6 year old autistic girl tired of waiting for the food), etc. Was a total disappointment!