“Delicious ”

Ellies Downtown Deli
Ranked #99 of 286 Restaurants in Stuart
Price range: USD 3 - USD 10
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Welcome to Stuart's finest Deli with the BEST FOOD in town! Ellie's Downtown Deli is centrally located in Downtown Stuart at 18 SE 6th Street in Stuart, FL USA. Chef Mark Muller has been the proud owner since March 2013. His focus is to provide our customers with "The Best Tasting and Freshest" Sandwich's, Subs, Wrapito's, Salads and Soups on the Treasure Coast! Ellie's offers only the finest of products with only local produce! And you can be sure that all of our food is hand-made FRESH Daily! Stop by today to see what you have been missing! We feature daily specials with TWO different soups that are homemade fresh every morning by Chef Mark! Daily Specials can be checked on our FACEBOOK page every morning or you can be added to our morning e-mail list
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

At here for lunch, food was delicious, service was great and the prices were reasonable. Reuben and iced tea was delicious.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We had an enjoyment book coupon and decided to try Ellie's Deli. We went in and ordered but was told those sandwiches weren't included with the coupon. Understandable, but it was the way the owner told us....The girl at the register was very nice. Then we moved on to drinks and there was an issue with certain drinks. Again, the owner seemed very irritated at us. Well....she won't have to worry about us again. I wouldn't spend my money on promo coupons if that is the first experience you have with a restaurant. We live near downtown Stuart and dine all the time, but the attitude killed it for me.

Mark M, Owner at Ellies Downtown Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We apologize you had a less than stellar visit and ask that you give us another try. Our owner is a male, so I'm not sure who was irritated with you, but do apologize on their behalf as that is not the way we intend to operate at Ellie's! We value each and every guest and look forward to making your experience wonderful. Again, our apologies!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is an eclectic little place with some character. I went for lunch and ordered the pastrami and corned beef sandwich. I was dismayed to find that they did not have any rye bread at 1pm in the afternoon. No explanation, just said they were out of it. Seriously, how can you only offer white, wheat or grain? I will probably try again in the future as I have a Restaurant.Com coupon.

Hey, thanks for you feedback. It's not unheard of for a lunch restaurant to run out of fresh items after a lunch rush. Our bread is baked fresh daily and delivered from a local bakery every morning, so if we run out after a lunch rush, we run out. We'd prefer to keep the quality of our food high, where it's at, instead of say.. running out to the store for a loaf of rye. I hope this helps you to better understand why we were out of one of our most popular breads after a lunch rush. We strive for fresh quality ingredients, and sometimes those are unavailable. We have a plethora of other items that we offer and always try to do our best to accommodate you! And had you asked why we were out of rye, you would have received this explanation at the restaurant and possibly understood our reasoning. Thanks again for you feedback, it is always helpful and appreciated!

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Always a great meal here. I've had probably 2 dozen meals here as I work close by. Everything from the salads to the wraps to the corn beef and cabbage on St. Patties day is excellent. The prices are fair for the quality of food you are getting. BTW awesome olive salad here. My only real complaint is that at lunch time the place gets so busy you can call in a to go order 20-30 minutes ahead of time and still have to wait when you arrive. Aside from that you wont have a bad meal here and the wait staff is always very kind and attentive.

Thank you so much for your compliments! We do tend to get a bit crazy on some days at lunchtime, and I apologize you've had to wait a bit. We do our best to get to everyone in the order things are received and appreciate our guests understanding and patience, so thank you. We hope to keep you happy for lunch in the future :)

Reviewed 21 May 2016

This was our 1st time here but the food and service was very good. A quaint little place very good selection on the menu, the food and service was very good we will be going back.