“Delicious fresh seafood in a casual atmosphere ”

Gettin' Crabby at the Stern House
Ranked #13 of 291 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Gettin' Crabby last week. We were a group of 5. The very casual decoration and lively atmosphere make you feel as if you're in the Keys. Two of us had the special grouper with lump crab, two had Dungeness crab and one had scallops. All the meals were delicious. We finished our meal with a shared rum cake (made by Edible Spirits). All in all, a fun evening- great seafood in a lively casual restaurant. The service was good, as well.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Went to the restaurant with locals who highly recommended it. The place is very small and does look inviting from the outside. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. We all ordered the large blue shrimp with various sides and appetizers. The salads were plentiful and fresh and the she crab soup was loaded with fresh crab meat. The shrimp were large, cooked perfectly and tasted like lobster. Our waitress was attentive and prompt with service. There were only two things which concerned us during our visit. There was a large table loudly celebrating a birthday. Because the restaurant is so small, it made it impossible for our table to have any type of conversation. Secondly, we had some friends with a later reservation and when we left, they had been waiting for their table over an hour. We agreed with their comment that you should not take reservations if you're not going to honor them. We would have given a 5 rating had it not been for these two issues.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We finally got to try Gettin' Crabby last night. It was absolutely wonderful. The seafood was so fresh. My husband had the special which was Tilefish- amazing. My blackened shrimp, crabcake, and plantains were outstanding too. The service was also top notch. I cannot recommend this place enough. We sat in the bar area were there was music that was great too. Nothing fancy about this place- just great food and service.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

When visiting the Stuart area, Gettin' Crabby is a "go to" place for me every visit. I have dined there over 5 times in the last 14 months and have always found the place and the waitstaff/bartenders to be wonderful. My experiences bring me to GC with a group of 4, 2 or solo and I have always been super pleased. My most recent, and I wonder if it will be my last, visit I was alone and was shuffled from one bar to the other by the lower bar bartender. Once I approached the bar she welcomed me to a seat at the bar and once she noticed I was alone I was told I would have to move to the adjacent bar. I got up and moved. I watched those seats remain empty for quite some time. I know they have a reservation list and hold seats but I was not at all pleased by how I was made to feel. Never have I had this happen to me in the area,while dining alone. Multiple visits to King Neptune, Shrimpers, Fresh Catch and Ian's Tropical Grill have never made me feel as I did last week at GC on a Wednesday night.
Dinner was good, the upper bartender was terrific...just sort of had the evening turn bad early on.
I have managed a bar, have worked as a bartender and a waitress and would/could not imagine a would find a reason to shuffle a solo patron being about..

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We have heard good things about this place. We were totally disappointed in both the food and the overall look of the place. It is an old creepy looking place with high prices.