“Great location and good price”

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Boston
“Great location and good price”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I have stayed here with my family 3 times during the February break. Our first time we had a great ground floor suite by the pool which we really enjoyed. The next visit, we were put in a smaller room that was backed to a restaurant, I wasn't happy with the room and location and told the owner/manager, they immediately changed and upgraded our room to another one, at no extra cost. The hotel is not the most upscale place, but I think the rates are reasonable and the house cleaning service is very efficient. Now, we make sure we stay in a more recently renovated room and near the pool on the first floor. The location is great, a very short walk to the beach and the village, which is my favorite place in Sarasota and reminds me of Key West.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite or view rooms before committing. Call ask ask for a quiet area room and more rece...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Siesta Key, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I made this reservation for my sister and I for two rooms. Although the pictures on the internet
look like the inside of the rooms would be nicer then the outside appearance, I didnt see that.
We saw 4 different rooms and all of them were really horrible. These rooms are in desperate need of upgrades and paint and bedding etc. The outside pool and hot tub were nice, but you cant sleep in the pool, hehe. Seriously, it was bad. The location is great, but if you like
clean and nice hotel, I would skip it and rent a condo or house in town.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelor146

Travellers are raving about these Siesta Key hotels

Crystal Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the location when we arrived. It is on the corner of Beach and Ocean - right at the heart of the activity. Up Ocean Boulevard is a plethora of restaurants, nightlife and souvenir shopping. Just across Beach Boulevard is the fantastic Siesta Key beach. The guy in the office was so nice and welcoming that it calmed our concerns about the place. On the downside, the rooms were pretty dingy as many of the reviews here mentioned. We were only staying 2 nights, so it was pretty average or just a speck below as a place to sleep and shower. The pool area was nice and the kids enjoyed swimming. We did experience an issue with someone from a neighboring room, but that was not the fault of the hotel. Overall, don't expect a clean, new hotel, but if you can get past that you should really enjoy the location.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank FatEddieCS
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Horrible experience at this hotel! We checked in in the evening and stayed for 4 hours. At approximately 1 am a cockroach appeared and crawled across the floor while I was in the bathroom. My fiance responded to my screams and squashed it. A little while latter another cockroach appeared. I saw his anteneas wiggiling around from a hole in the doorframe leading into the bathroom. The cockroach then stuck his head out but went back into his "room" when he saw me. Needless to we decided to leave. This hotel does not have any staff on property from 11 pm- 7am. If they had staff available I would have gladly showed them the cockroachs. In retrospect I should have taken photographs but I wasn't thinking I would need to "prove" that there were bugs in our room. I called the number on the door of the lobby and told the person what was going on. He assured me that everything would be fine and that the manager would contact me. I did not hear from the manager and when I called to follow I was told that they would not refund my money!!!
REALLY I had to pay for 4 hours in cockroach room?!! HORRIBLE experience!!
This is the first time I have posted a review online but I felt very strobgly that I should so any prospective vacationers can be aware!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank May C
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I had the misfortune of staying here for a quick trip to Siesta Key. The room was extremely musty and had a foul smell. It was completely run-down and the furniture was totally shabby and worn out. The best way to describe it is to imagine a beach hotel room designed in 1984 and then imagine that it has not been updated or fixed up since then. The floor tiles were loose and wobbly. The bathroom sink had terrible stains and rust. They had put in new showers but it was done very poorly. There was extra caulk coming out of all the corners and edges, which had collected a lot of dust and dirt. The curtain rod had been installed wrong so the shower curtain came more than halfway into the shower. It was "clean" in that the counter was wiped down and there were clean (but very cheap and rough) sheets. I did not feel comfortable walking barefoot in the room. The only good thing to say about this place is that the location is perfect. It's literally across the street from the beautiful beach and it's a very short walk to fun local bars, restaurants and shops. As far as amenities go we never went to the pool or jacuzzi area because there were always loud and seemingly drunk people hanging out night and day. Needless to say we will not be going back. My husband likes a deal but next time we'll pay more to get a decent room at a place that's been more well taken care of even if it's a little further from the beach.

• Stayed July 2011
4.0 km away
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
0.7 km away
Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!