“WHAT A PLEASURE !!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Bronx, New York
“WHAT A PLEASURE !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel, having stayed there the winter of 2011. This place is the best on the Key, they have the friendliest staff and the room was as elegant as last time, and so clean and they provided a multitude of towels. One of the things I Ilked is that they respect your privacy and leave the towels and great soaps etc outside your door and promptly pick up the trash you leave outside the door. The area is so beautiful and everything they describe in their ad is the truth. you hear the chirping birds. It is so restful and peaceful, stayed for 5 nights, next year i plan on staying for 7 nights. I borrowed a laptop a few times and they have 3 of them , so I enjoyed that. I kidded Buddy, who works in the office when I left saying that the weather had been horrible and the staff so rude but he was cool enough to pick up that I was just being playful. I can't imagine anyone not being delighted with Tropical Shores. Oh they placed me next to the laundry room which was perfect for me being a light sleeper and I enjoyed the peace and quiet. I did hear the machines in the AM but the sound was so minimal that it was fine. Walk south on Midnight Pass Road to check out the gorgeous mansions, and palm trees and flowers. Smell the great odors of the flowers, Florida is a gem and so is this really fantastic hotel. I highly recommend the Sun Sandpiper King , very tasteful sheets, artwork, gorgeous stainless steel kitchen, you will feel at home. Check out Javier's, which is very close by, the best food on the Key !!! I also loved the pillowtop bed in my room, so comfortable !!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MBSilver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We booked at the last minute and did not know what to expect. We were delighted and surprised with the room. It was spotless. We had a corner room. Yes, the room is small, but it does have a king bed plus kitchen and living area. It is amazing how they managed to put everything in the space... even a washer and dryer. Great location just a block from the beach and restaurants you can walk to. We loved the little balcony off the bedroom. The public sitting area on the porch was great when we had friends come by. This is a real little gem.
P.S. The staff was great.

Room Tip: Corner room has seperate living area
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This seems to be a older resort that has been recently updated. Close walking distance to the beach. Don't expect a five star resort, you're paying for the location. It is quiet with a more mature crowd. Next time we come to Siesta Key, we'll probably try staying at another place. Just being honest. The bedroom is small and the bathroom could've been nicer in my opinion. This unit is large enough for two people, but no more.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james H
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed for 4 days this past February and last February (2011) as well. We stayed in the one-bedroom suite. Rooms were updated from the last time we stayed...and the beach is still only a short walk along a path to get there. Location is great. Having the kitchen helped us save on breakfast and lunches. Dinners can be gotten in town (short drive away). All in all, you cannot do much better for the money here on the best beach in the US.

Room Tip: There are 5 one-bedroom suites. I would not think I would like the one directly next to the office a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chiromag
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I hesitate to let anyone know what a gem this place is for fear of not being able to get a room the next time I want to go! Seriously though...I loved my stay at Tropical Shores and can't wait to visit again.

The rooms are very clean and updated. The beds are very comfy. Each room has a kitchen and there are grills outside that are conveniently placed for each room block in case you want to do your own cooking. However...there are several restaurants within easy walking distance that shouldn't be missed. Captain Curt's has WONDERFUL clam chowder! Javier's Peruvian restaurant was delightful! They have an early bird discount as well. The Orange Octopus has really good ice cream. :-) If you do decide to cook, there is a small grocery store and a fish market within easy walking distance as well.

The resort provides DVD's, beach chairs and towels at no cost. They also have coffee, fruit, candy and cookies in the office each day. Nice touch. The staff is AWESOME! Very friendly and helpful. They checked us in for our flight and printed our boarding passes for us. They even delivered a vase of flowers to our room one day when they noticed I was admiring the flowers in the office. :-)

The grounds are beautiful. The beach is just spectacular. The sand is so fine it feels like silk. The resort is near the southern end of Crescent Beach, near the Point of Rocks. If you are a nature lover, be sure to take water shoes and go on an adventure amongst the rocks. We spent a couple of mornings out there collecting shells and discovering sea anemones, urchins, starfish and just enjoying the unusual beauty of this geologic formation. We enjoyed several beautiful sunsets and a gorgeous sunrise from the beach.
The pool is quiet and relaxing. The water temperature is perfect. If you prefer to relax in the shade, the pool is the place for you. They provide floaties and noodles also.
There is a gentleman on the grounds (just across from the office) who sells breakfast and lunch sandwiches and pop and water. He provided us with a DELICIOUS breakfast each morning - Very convenient and inexpensive.
I really enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing, low key vacation. If you're the Ritz Carlton type...look elsewhere. Leave this place for me! :-)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
0.2 km away
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
1.3 km away
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!