“I'd be a regular if I was a local”
Review of The Local Bean

The Local Bean
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The moment I walked into The Local Bean, I knew I was going to relax and enjoy some excellent coffee. I did. It is a colorful, cozy place with a variety of places to sit. I ordered a specialty coffee drink the first time I was there, coffee and a pastry the second time, and then coffee the third time I came in. That last time, I purchased some locally produced loose tea to take home as a souvenir. They are one of the few places that sell it. All of these visits took place during a short 4-day visit to Siesta Key, so I apparently really like The Local Bean. Next time you're on Siesta Key, go enjoy a great cup of coffee.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

On our normal trip to Siesta Key we try to visit The Local Bean for our morning coffee ritual. We went two days in a row this year, but our coffee and chai just didn't taste that great. On the last day we went in and wife and oldest got a coffee and we let the owner know. He did say he was sorry to hear that and if at anytime that happens to bring it back to have it remade. Which is a great gesture, cause some businesses wont say or do anything.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I was excited to visit this local little coffee shop on our stay in Siesta Key. They close at 3pm. I rode my bike down to get an iced latte. There is a nice area to lock up bikes in front of the little shopping area. The gentleman working was pleasant enough. My drink was ok. Nothing special. There is a nice little outdoor area to enjoy your drink. I won't go back.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Frequented during our stay - good, fast service and excellent coffee drinks. Made us items off the menu!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

To say that my experience at this coffee shop was unpleasant would be a gross understatement. My coffee was just ok and very overpriced, while the service was nothing short of heinous. The older woman running the register did not give me my change after taking my money. She proceeded to engross herself in conversation with another employee while someone else made my order. I unfortunately had to interrupt that conversation to inquire about my change, to which she responded "Oh, you wanted that $.25 back???" Excuse me, but I am a paying customer, and I decide wether or not you may keep the change. The enormous TIP jar on the counter is obviously where a patron places the gratuity. Should they decide to tip...
I work all year in order to pay for a vacation. I work to earn my salary just like you do Local Bean.

2  Thank Sandra C