“its like taking your home on vacation!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jenniferr...
Halifax, Canada
“its like taking your home on vacation!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Can't say enough about how wonderful this place was. We were traveling with 2 small girls an infant, my husband and I and my mom. We all had our own private space. the master bedroom had 2 extra large closets that worked for the crib so the baby wouldn't wake when we came up to bed...it was like a separate bedroom! The home was fully equipped.... evan had a ton of beach chairs and toys! They gave us a highchair and crib and the kitchen had everything you could think of! It took less then a minute to get to the most amazing beach I have ever seen much nicer then Punta cana!! We even watched a few beach weddings from our patio!
Virginia went over and above to make our stay stress free. the pool was great. The yard very tropical and private! Loved the gardener.... he was so helpful with direction and were to shop. I suggest getting groceries before coming to siesta key the little grocery store is pretty expensive and has limited variety. The little shopping district is really neat to visit. lots of restaurants, pubs and shops with a beachy atmosphere.
I loved the the whole siesta experience! I really felt safe here. Definatly will return to this little piece of heaven!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and size of rental
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Large groups
2 Jul 2015
Thank you for your excellent review. It was a pleasure having you and your family at Gumbo Limbo.
Please come and visit us again in the near future.
diveblair
Philadelphia
“Enjoyable overall. Would likely return.”
Reviewed 13 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

There were a few hiccups along the way, but overall this place was quite nice. I was apparently a day or two late booking the place (I booked rather late) so had to move into a ground floor 2 BR unit for our first night, then the next day moved into a lovely 3 BR unit. We had my wife, me, our two kids (one 5 YO one infant) and my two inlaws. The inlaws were not impressed with the first place and having to move to a different unit the second day. They had been on the road for a week and just wanted to unpack and relax. First hiccup...we had cleaning crew at our door about 10am saying we had to be out...but they had not cleaned up the place we were moving into...so we were in limbo at gumbo limbo. We had to be out, but could not move in. I ended up kind of ignoring the crew pressing us to move (but they continued to stand at the door and look in...which made the inlaws even more uncomfortable) and about 11am moving to the other unit as instructed by Virgina. The lone cleaning lady there at the second place (obviously separate from the first crew) was quite unaware of our early appearance and ran off to make some calls (I'm assuming to Virginia) then disappeared for about an hour. I moved all our luggage in by noon then took everyone out for lunch and a look around. The cleaner still wasn't done by the time we returned around 2:30. So it was about 4pm before we could start settling in. Not really anybody's fault, but we pretty much lost a day of vacation and the inlaws were a bit sour starting off. After that all went pretty well. The place was spotless ; ) and served us well. The beds were comfy and the master bath was awesome (but the water heater was too small to fill the hot tub in the MB to a level safe to use the bubbles). The layout of the kitchen and LR area were excellent. The TV's are old CRT but we don't watch a lot of TV on vacation...however it was the super bowl. The toys, chairs and bikes were great, although two of the three bikes were chained together (only one of us rode, so it wasn't a problem). We were left a little wanting for kitchen cooking devices...specifically a steaming device and wine opener that wasn't broken, proper fitting lids etc. The pool was another hiccup. It was too cold at night for the heater to keep up, so we were only able to use it the last 2 days of our vaca...and only late in the day after it warmed up...a couple of hours total. Also, it was in desperate need of cleaning upon our arrival so I was a bit disappointed at first...but the second day a guy was there to clean it out. I like the location...we went to the beach every day, and walked to the village several times a day. Hiccup #3 was light bulbs...lots were out. We found some spares in the closet, so I was able to replace 2 or 3 of them that were burnt out, and shift a few others around. Not a big deal at all...but worthy of mention. A lot of mystery switches on the walls that don't seem to control anything...odd. Our 5 year old loves to be read to, and found lots of childrens books to read...but most were in German...good thing father in law can translate on the fly! Never got to meet Virgina, but she sounded nice. We had a fun time and Virginia mentioned some good activities that we took advantage of.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Access to the beach and walkability to the village
Liked least: Cold pool
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Large groups People with pets
12 Feb 2013
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review.
Please accept my sincere apologies for my cleaning staff. I fully agree with you that the way they handled their cleaning schedule was unacceptable. There is simply no excuse to keep tenants waiting the way you were kept waiting. I am genuinely sorry and apologize for the inconvenience!
Unfortunately, the instructions I gave the cleaning staff, i.e., to make your transition from one apartment to the other as smooth as possible, were ignored. Although we do these kind of suite transitions fairly often, unfortunately in your case the experience was not a good one.
Although your complaint regarding our cleaning staff is thoroughly justified as previously explained, my records show that I gladly offered you a discount of $1,450.40 (!) for the moving inconvenience.
At Gumbo Limbo, we continually strive to offer the best customer service, at all times, and we take pride in ethical business practices
Part of the cleaning staff’s responsibilities is also to check on light bulbs and make replacements accordingly.
Set at a constant 82F, the pool heater is heating for 12 hours straight. Unfortunately, when outside temperatures drop drastically, the heater has to work harder to catch up with the set temperature.
I am hopeful to be able to accommodate you again in the future:
suite changes will be swift and professional, without compromising our high standard of cleanliness, and attention will have been paid to important details, such as light bulbs.
Again, I apologize for the “hiccups” and hope that you still enjoyed your stay at Gumbo Limbo.
Virginia Heidersberger
Iowa
Reviewed 18 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
18 Nov 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you again for being such wonderful tenants. Hope you will keep uns in mind for your future vacation on Siesta Key.
Westiefri...
Sarasota, Florida
“Perfect Visit in Paradise!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

I stayed here at Gumbo Limbo for the first time with a friend. The unit was clean, attractive and comfortable, not to mention roomy! The location is fantastic, across the street from the #1 beach and just blocks from Siesta Key village. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing. Everything we needed was provided in the unit. The owner was friendly and available for any questions we had. We loved everything about our stay!
I will definitely be back. Thanks for a perfect visit!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location, Comfy furnishings, Pool Area
Travelling group: Friends
People with pets
15 Nov 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Gumbo Limbo in the near future :)
Tampa
Reviewed 10 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
10 Oct 2012
Thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure having you at my tenants. Hope you will keep us in mind for your next vacation plans.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing