“Good local haunt”
Review of Crave Restaurant

Crave Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Boronia
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in with a couple of friends for a birthday dinner and was pleasantly surprised. I has the Haloumi salad, and as someone who does not normally order salad it was delicious!Portion sizes are huge,even had enough to take away for lunch. My friends had gnocchi and one of the burgers,all of which was enjoyed. The cakes are divine too, and if you purchase as take away it's 2 for $10! Also, normally Crave advertise on 'shop a docket' so grab the voucher online or on the back of your receipt to save a buck.
Great service too, good restaurant particularly for Boronia,no complaints!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I have food intolerances and allergies, I gave them a note with ALL these written on them and they still served me exactly what I can't eat, they are pushy to get your order as soon as you sit down we had over 6 requests to " take our order" in the span of 15 minutes, while we were still waiting for another guest to arrive they still ignored this and continued asking........... for the price paid the food was nothing special if you ask me it was over priced for what you get on the plate.
I highly recommend people with food allergies or intolerances either talk to the chef your self or simply don't go here, it's honestly the worst dining experience I've had with my allergies and intolerances and I won't be going back

2  Thank neetzi
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Got some take--away from here the other night. Hubby loved his penne calabrese which he described as very tasty. My pumpkin risotto was less impressive as it had been prepared with cream (a no-no for true risotto) and so was heavy and drowned the pumpkin flavour.
However we were impressed enough to return the next night to eat in.
Hubby's Crave Hamburger gave more than a passing nod to the traditional Aussie hamburger and was delicious. My entree sized stuffed portobello mushrooms were a little heavy on the cheese but still tasty. I found them very filling as they were served on sourdough as well!
Prices were moderate and service was fast from a bunch of young things clearly working part-time. Not super professional but doing a good enough job!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Food served is not always fresh produce. Tonight's meal was disappointing. I enquired as to whether 'whiting fillets' were freshly prepared in there kitchen. Of course they said yes but on arrival you could tell they had been frozen fillets. The vegetables also were frozen not fresh. I do not like dishonesty. This is the third time I have had a bad experience at this establishment and will not go back and I was not the only one on my table who was upset with their meal. The Lasagne says it has béchamel sauce....nup none!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We have been to this restaurant several times and thought it would be good for a special birthday dinner with friends and family. We were so disappointed, the food was very average, 80% of us out of the group of 12 were not happy with our meals, the food was expensive charging $34 for lasagna chips and salad which was tasteless, at time of ordering did not realise that it was $6 for the side salad and $6 for a side chips so you were actually paying $22 for a piece of lasagna. The service was good we had a friendly waitress who was very attentive. So disappointed especially given that it was a special occasion!