“Birthday lunch ”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Blidworth
Price range: USD 7 - USD 33
Cuisines: International, British, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Home cooked and freshly prepared food is our speciality, Traditional Country Pub open all day everyday for beer and food.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

6 of us came here today for lunch. It was amazing. We ranged in age from 84 to 37 and everyone of us enjoyed it all. The staff and landlady are always pleasant and helpful. The food is so good and portions very large. Highly recommended .

Reviewed 4 May 2018

This place just wow's me every time. You have to try the Belly Pork, Crackling done to perfection and the jus was to die for. We were in a party of 15 and everyone was impressed with their food.

looking forward to going again.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Had a late lunch here yesterday. The food was good and reasonably priced. We will definitely return and happily take friends and family.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We visited the Fox and Hound yesterday to have a family celebration for my husbands birthday. There was 8 adults and 3 children. From the moment we arrived we were treated really kindly and nothing was too much for the woman who I believed is the owner. She was very helpful to get us seated and to offer a high chair for one of the kids who is only 2. The menu is vast but offers a bit of everything and there is no way you wouldn't be able to find something to eat. We were able to get child portion sized meals for lots of items on the menu and again we were made to feel comfortable and that the issue with 3 young kids in a busy pub for Sunday lunch was absolutely no big deal. I had the Sunday Roast with Beef and it was absolutely delicious and tender. My husband had the Beef and Stilton Pie and he said it had so much Stilton it was making his face sweat, usually you can't even taste the Stilton.
My nephew had an adult size Lasagne (he is only 7) and it was very hot and I think not to his liking so we all picked at it and I had such food envy as it was DELICIOUS and we all proceeded to finish his food. He was very interested in the homemade Yorkshire puddings (they were divine) and the owner came back to the table with 2 of them, one for him and one for his brother and this made him so very happy. The portions were huge. I haven't been here for about 2 years or so and they have added an addition so the it is bigger then before and very light in this new room.
The wait staff couldn't have been more obliging and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our meal.
The perfect place for a family meal indeed.
Many thanks for everything!!! We will be back!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal at the Fox and Hounds and enjoyed wonderful service. Very flexible and accommodating and all the staff were professional, attentive and personable. Although there was a little wait for food it was definitely worth it. Everything was freshly cooked and all four dishes we ordered were excellent. Whilst we had planned to have desserts, we couldn't quite manage it. I shall plan accordingly next time as I understand their creme brulees are superb. Our first time here despite living in the next village, but we'll definitely be back. Can't praise the food, the service and the whole experience enough.