43 Degrees Bruny Island
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewseach morningcroissantsbottle of wineon arrivalbruny islandbreakfast basketacross the roadwarm breadthe kitchenwaterfront apartmentlovely touchspa bathplace to staybeautiful breakfastfabulous staytwo nightsciabatta
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

If you want a true eco boutique place to stay this is it. Words cannot describe this magnificent property. My wife and I have stayed at some great places and this is up with the best for this type of accommodation. Bruny Island is a great place to visit.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2016

They have 2 locations at North & South end of Adventure Bay. We stayed at one of the 5 units at the North end in one of the larger Spa Suites. Really great surroundings close to the beach and easy walking to the 1 shop in Adventure Bay. Very Eco friendly with solar power, sited to collect best sun (facing north) and lots of timber features. easy drive to other locations on the Island and Bruny Island Cruises.

Room Tip: All cabins have some views
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

43 degrees was the best accommodation choice I've made in a long time. We arrived after getting the last ferry after work, exhausted from a long week and I cannot think of a better place to relax and unwind. We stayed in the larger of the studio rooms with the massive spa. It was glorious.

It was a 30 second walk to the beach and close to everything you need. Breakfast was lovely (we munched on that bread all day) and we brought the bottle of wine home with us to enjoy. I spent the weekend floating in the spa while my better half watched the NRL (typical). We ran into many friendly locals and people visiting their shacks who also let us play with their dogs. So many dogs! Definitely the perfect spot for luxury accommodation.

My partner is a couple months away from joining the army and we really needed this weekend away for ourselves. The owners were extremely accommodating to our needs, especially our late night arrival. The room was beautiful and there's nothing better than falling asleep to the sound of waves and waking up to a wallaby on your doorstep.

I can't wait to go back for another romantic weekend here and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Wow...This place is the bee's knees. Arrived later afternoon to a studio spa apartment...heater on and a free bottle of wine. Sun streamed in the window via the deck - with BBQ at the ready. Mini Bar stocked with so many option of food and drink. We had BYO platter items and sat down to this , my favourite magazine and a glass of red. Dinner was a Bruny Island steak we had picked up at the General Store. Absolutely divine cut of meat and couldn't have been more perfect.
After dinner we spent more than an hour in the spa, and got into bed to hear the waves roll onto the sand in the distance. Bed was really comfy and I was asleep in minutes.
Woke to the sunshine at 7, had freshly brewed plunger coffee - then at 8 am breakfast was served in a basket - first was their warm croissants - the best I have had in the longest time and THE most delicious warm bread I can recall....it was perfect with their butter and gourmet jam! The wallaby and her joey on the front lawn was so sweet to wake up and enjoy also. This place was quiet, beautifully presented, modern, cosy, comfortable and one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in.....for so many reasons. Felt like we had escaped the rest of the world for about 18 hrs. This is an escape I will definitely be promoting and running away to again in the future. Thanks for a perfect stay. Bruny is my newest favourite little paradise!

Room Tip: Basic priced room was just perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We loved our two nights at 43 degrees! The studio spa apartment is lovely and cosy. We brought some things for a bbq the first night and the sounds of the waves on the nearby beach the stars above absolutely took our breath away! We would love to visit again.

There's not really any phone signal (including Telstra) if that's a big issue for you. A few mins walk down the road has some. It's the perfect place to disconnect though!

(Make sure you rug up if you do the cruise! We wore heaps and we're still very cold. Also bring some extra anti-emetics if you ever get any hint of motion sickness)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple