New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sebastian
De Pere, WI
“We would return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed at the Pointe which is south of Capt Hiram's. The Bay is to the north.
Positives - Lovely, lush grounds, beautiful pool area, lots of grills available for charcoal cooking, new mattresses and furniture, boat for the week for $55
Negatives - one bathroom as these are older units

My husband and son went fishing almost every day. They had a great time catching a variety of fish! Besides renting a boat for the week, the resort also has fishing poles and bait buckets for use. You don't need to bring a thing with you!

The dock workers clean and gas the boats each time they come in so they are ready for use. We never had a problem getting a boat as their are many. Poor weather prohibited use one day.

The negative reviews must be from people with HIGH expectations. This is not a gold crown or 5 star resort. If that is what you want, stay someplace else. We came for the opportunity to fish and were delighted with the resort. The Sebastian community is quiet and mostly void of tourist attractions other than deep sea fishing. We liked that. The music from Capt Hiram's is mostly on weekends. That's when it went on later. It was loud, but we knew that coming there from other reviews and were ready to enjoy it.

We ate at Capt Hiram's Sand Bar twice during our stay and would highly recommend it. The food was delicious. Happy hour runs from 3-6 daily.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank clsmits

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I never stayed in this resort because I actually looked at the rooms before I checked in.
When I arrived in the office I noticed that it was itself messy and neglected. This is never a good sign. I was surprised because the grounds looked somewhat OK. Because of the condition of the office, the appearance of the staff and some of the reviews, I requested keys to a one bedroom and a two bedroom. The lady had no problem with that. I navigated the property with my car (with difficulty) and found the one bedroom. There is alot I could say but I will limited my comments to OMG. The bedroom was horrible. Small and disgustingly filty. The carpet was beyond description. I got out of there fast. I then found the 2 bedroom and it was just as bad. The same size as the one bedroom with an extra bedroom cramed in.
I returned to the office and asked if there was any other rooms available and there was not. I told the girl that the carpet was absolutely disgustingly dirty and she said "yea, people destroy it".
I had to decide between the possibility of sleeping in my car or staying in one of those rooms, (not cheap). I choose to take a chance on a Saturday afternoon during a festival to walk out of this place. It was that bad. I really wish it was different. I went to Vero Beach and was lucky to get a nice room on the beach.
My advice is STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Anywhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Wrenclaire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Sebastian is quite a special place.
You can see dolphins from the dock.
Oyster point and bay is not a bad resort rooms are a little dated but comfortable. Boat hire at $55 per week is great. However the live music from captain hyrams bar across the street is unbearable. At the weekends it starts at around 1 pm then goes on until 12.30 at night. Thumping base and bad crooners. During the week you have a little more relief as the music starts at 6pm. There is no escape from the noise... Not even inside the rooms. Oyster bay is slightly quieter but not much.
It's a shame as I said this is a beautiful place.

• Stayed November 2011
6 Thank Phaseshiftav
Florida, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

out dated poorly managed boat use is limited we paid for a boat and they wouldnt let us use them over 20 mph cant use them limited hours 7.00 am till 6.00pm of use no cleaning fish area no refunds!
no activities for kids terrble nothing to do worse time share we ever went to. was nice at one time but bad now coin operated laundry llimited hours pools poorly maintained paint on ceiling in rooms peeling carpet worn out tacks sticking up on floor room is full of red ants very bad attitude
of employees all grey hairs with the atittudes to go with it we were shocked at the place real shame nice grounds ruined by neglect and management if you own one of these units better get out they are running customers off everyone we met was unhappy after 6.00pm staff all leaves no contact numbers we had a storm there boats floated in and no one to contact lost thousands of dollars in boats and motors a few dock lines could of saved there vessels no evacution plans your on your own on this dump we wont be back ever!!!!!!! stay away vacation nightmare

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank john b
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I purchased a timeshare week here sight, unseen on Ebay. When my faimly and I went to use our week this August, we couldn't be more pleased. The grounds are impeccably maintained. The units were very clean, although there were some stain on teh carpets. My view of this is that, since they rent to outsiders, that the carpets in time shares will always be stained, because people put sunscreen on in the units. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The pool area is very well maintained, and the pool and hot tub are very clean.

You have to keep in mind that these are timeshares, not 4 star resort rooms. I can't wait to go back next summer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank gabob1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastian
0.5 km away
16.4 km away
SpringHill Suites Vero Beach
SpringHill Suites Vero Beach
#6 of 26 in Vero Beach

Been to Oyster Pointe & Oyster Bay Resort? Share your experiences!