“Outstanding lunch at the Tiki Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
New york
“Outstanding lunch at the Tiki Bar”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We spent a wonderful afternoon at the Tiki Bar with friends from the North. What a great location, right on the beach. The service was outstanding. We were their for more than a few hours and our waiter was very attentive without being obtrusive. We enjoyed a delicious lunch of chicken quesadillas with a tasty mango salsa, chicken/ tuna salad platter, reuban sandwich with great fries. Everyone commented on the tastiness and presentation. Quality food at a reasonable price. Parking is easy and after lunch you can go shelling on beautiful Lido Beach. We did not stay at the resort but will be telling our friends about it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch at the Tiki Bar. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Omaha
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is a beautiful location right on the beach. I made a reservation at the last minute and checked in on Tuesday night, January 24th around 7:00pm. First, I’d like to say that the front desk person was very helpful, and she was very efficient. I put my things into my room, room 435, and immediately met with some colleagues who were sitting a table at the pool
bar. The wait staff at the bar did a fabulous job, and the food was excellent.

When I got to my room later that night, I immediately noticed a few bugs
crawling on the floor in the kitchen area and in the bathroom. I killed them
and dismissed it since it is a hotel on the beach and a few bugs can be expected. However, when I went into the bathroom at 2:00am, I found 4 bugs crawling on the toilet and toilet seat. I thought about calling the front desk, but I really had no desire to change rooms at 2:00 in the
morning. Unfortunately, due to all of the bugs, I had difficulty sleeping. I
returned to the restroom at 4:00am, and again found 2 more bugs around the
toilet. At that point, I decided to remove my clothes that were on the bathroom
counter. When I lifted them up, a cockroach scurried along the counter. I
dozed on and off for a couple more hours and finally got up, killed a couple
more bugs, showered and checked out.

When I informed the gentleman at the front desk about the bugs, he told me I
could have changed rooms. I told him I really had no desire to move in the
middle of the night. He wrote my room number down and told me he’d have someone
look at it. He printed out my receipt and thanked me for my stay!

When I returned home from my trip, I e-mailed the hotel and attached the photos of the cockroach and one of the bugs. It has been a week and no response. So, the service averaged out at 3 out of 5. The staff did a good job, until I checked out. From then on, the service gets a 1.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank FuninthesunOmaha
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I can certainly understand your disappointment after reading your review. The Lido Beach Resort goes to great lengths to ensure this type of problem is prevented. I am very sorry we fell short in this particular room and ruined an otherwise wonderful stay. I would be more than happy to discuss your situation personally if you would like to call me. I want to make this right. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you again for your comments.
Palm Coast
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We had reserved a "regular" room for one night - a room not overlooking the Gulf. When we checked in, I mentioned to the pleasant front desk person, Susan, that it was a "big" birthday for my husband. She upgraded us to an oceanfront room at no extra charge. We were delighted with this excellent customer service. The beach is lovely, and the prices fair.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanCull
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I will be sure to share your review with Susan. She will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 31 January 2012

What a relaxing beach resort experience!! Loved the convenience of having both poolside and beach available. Room with a view allowed us to enjoy the beautiful FL sunset. Food was great! Resort was also within walking distance to St. Armand's Circle which a variety of shops and restaurants...plenty of seafood!!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms have best view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am extremely please to hear you enjoyed your stay! We truly appreciate your comments and your business!
Waynes Fort, IN
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We were researching pro's and con's of the atlantic vs. gulf coast for places to get away from the frigid north and tried Lido Beach a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Service is excellent, rooms are clean, and all was as expected or better. We just tried three days but will go for longer next trip down.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
I am very pleased to hear you gave the Lido Beach Resort the opportunity to earn your business. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your brief stay and will return for a longer visit in the future. We look forward to your return. Thank you for your review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
0.7 km away
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#3 of 49 in Sarasota
7.7 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!