“What a gem!!!”

Thomas German Bakery
Ranked #8 of 26 Bakeries in Sarasota
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The place is very small, and we just kind of stumbled upon it after having terrible service at Panera which we usually love. This place was absolutely fabulous. Wonderful service, very attentive. Coffee was super hot and fresh, and cakes and pastries were out of this world good. So, good that we came back for 3 consecutive day after discovering it. Sadly I didn't try their lunch menu, which looked pretty good as well. Definitively a must try kind of place.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Wonderful Bakery with great food. The owners are the kindest people, doing everything possible to make you feel good and welcome. The food is authentic German and delicious. I am a resident of Sarasota and a regular.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My husband has stopped by twice on his way home from work in the morning. He discovered the bakery after perusing Trip Advisor recommendations for a German bakery. How fortunate for my son & I to experience the tasty treats he brought home for our enjoyment. Thomas the baker recognized my husband the second time he frequented the bakery. The shop wasn't yet open but Thomas let my husband in to sit and enjoy a few treats & offered coffee as well. The pretzel rolls are to die for- would be fantastic with a nice cold beer- but it was breakfast time. The pastries are delicious & generously filled with cream. You won't go wrong with anything from this bakery. One of these days I'll get to visit myself but until then I'll enjoy what is brought home for me to sample.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We read about this bakery in a recent Sarasota Magazine issue and went just to try their Schwarzbrot, which is the best bread I've ever had in my life! We also had their baguette and rye bread, both of which were excellent. They make great sandwiches here and the owners are so nice. Great bakery!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

If your mouth is watering for traditional dense German rye bread or kaiser rolls this is the place to go. Looking for traditional German pastries, can't miss it. Love traditional German favorites like schnitzel, kraut, frikadellen and more? Look no further! Best German in the city! Enjoy...