“Splendiferous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mangia Italiano The Usual Place - CLOSED

Mangia Italiano The Usual Place
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Splendiferous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

We have been to "The Usual Place" about a dozen times since it opened for both lunch and dinner, and we have yet to be disappointed. We don't even look at the menu anymore - Chef Alessio tells us about his specials personally and says "What would YOU like? I will make it for YOU"! And it is always excellent. Guissepie is the Maestro of the pizza oven and just about the happiest person we've ever met!! We so enjoy his engaging display of culinary excellence! If you are looking for an authentic, delicious, affordable, relaxing dining experience...look no further, for it is at "The Usual Place"! I may never cook again....

North Port, Florida
“Al Solito Posto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

My title is Italian for the The Usual Place, an Italian restaurant whose food is light years away from "usual." We have wintered in the Sarasota area since 03, and have enjoyed a number of good meals at at a number of good places. However, tonight, with another couple, we enjoyed the finest meal we have ever had in the area. The presentation, the food, and the service were all first rate. I urge all area residents to support this fine place through the lean months of the summer so that it is still here when we get back in the fall. For your first visit, I suggest you fast for 24 hours, then order The Usual Plate aka Chef's Special Combo Menu. I have never had a better meal, Italian or otherwise, and that includes Tuscany. Bonus:superb Italian wine list.

Kissimmee, Florida
“Wake up your taste buds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We ordered the caprese, and cheese sampler for appetizers. The fillet of sole and spaghetti carbonara as main dishes. The caprese was a work of art. The fresh tomatoes were unlike any I've had in decades. They are what tomatoes are supposed to taste like. Pasta was perfect and the sauce was divine. NEVER have I had such great flavors. The chef made a special taster's plate of gnocchi for me because I had never tried it. The orange marinated beef with gnocchi was out of this world. Even the baskets of bread had great flavors & textures. When I had to send back the onion jam that came with the cheese appetizer (because I don't tolerate onions very well), the chef created another special sauce just for me. Plan to come for a relaxing evening, this is NOT mass produced food. Personalized service. Awesome food. Great prices. Everything was spotless and inviting.

Sarasota, Florida
“Delizioso!!!!!! Home made fresh pasta!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is by far the best Italian food I have had here in the states since returning from Italy.

My husband had the chef special combo menu which was $34.95 and let the chef choose what sort of goodies for him to eat. His first plate was Lasagna and eggplant parmesan. 2nd plate was freshly made gnocchi which was served with a tomato, mushroom, truffle sauce which was to die for. His 3rd plate was Salmon with Orange cream and pulled beef with polenta. Last plate was pork with a gravy. Everything was so good!! I made him give me a bite of every dish they brought him. =)

I ordered the special which was gnocchi with speck and arugula served in a cream sauce. It was fantastic!! Everyone at our table enjoyed there meal and we will definitely be back here soon! can’t wait to try the pizza’s!!

“I love this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I love Italian food and this food tasted like my friend grandmother dinner in Sorrento Italy. EXCELLENT!!! I had a sampler chef's combo.....6 dishes including homemade mushroom linguini and gnochi, veal marsala, lasagna, calamari and fresh mazzarella and tomato. The food is fresh and super yummy.Service is exellent and everybody is super friendly. My boyfriend and I had a great time and we even called our friend to joined us.In the end of night the owner and chef came to hang out with us and offered samler of there dessers and bottle of prosecco. We will be back soon to try more dishes. Last night I felt like I was back in Italy.If you are visiting Sarasota you must try the Usual Place