“Huevos Rancheros Phenomenon”

Ranked #208 of 1,097 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: USD 3 - USD 15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Oasis Cafe & Bakery is located on the intersection of South Osprey ave. and Siesta Drive. Parking is located in the front of the restaurant and also in the rear of the restaurant. We are a family run restaurant who's first restaurant was The Original Broken Egg opened in 1985 on Siesta Key when the Palermo's had just two children. Since the first restaurant Jim Palermo has been hitting breakfast and lunch spot on. While Melissa Palermo is a leading baker in Sarasota. She can make anything from a delicious boston creme pie to simple brownies that melt in your mouth. Stop by and view whats in the bakery case! Open for Brunch on Sundays from 8-1:30pm serving up delicious breakfast specials such as stuffed french toast, and incredible potatoes. During the week from 7-2 and Saturday from 8-1:30. The Oasis Cafe is a great spot to pick up a lunch for your picnic before the beach, a spot of coffee or tea before work, and great for large parties of families and friends in from out of town. Call us for any type of catering in house or on location. We have recently done some remodeling and painting and can't wait to have you come see us! Email us today to join our wine club to be included in special events.
Reviewed 10 April 2017

It was Sunday, I planned to order lunch but they only serve breakfast on Sundays. No problem, the breakfast menu is creative, varied and there were some very intriguing specials. My husband ordered a sausage and cheese omelette and he was very satisfied with it. I ordered the huevos rancheros and I was amazed with it -- it was absolutely one of the best breakfasts I have ever enjoyed. Scrambled eggs on a delicious chorizo bed with potatoes, guacamole, sour cream, fresh salsa, with warm tortillas. The eggs were perfectly cooked, soft and fluffy. The flavors together were fantastic. I asked the server to let the chef know how much this dish was appreciated. A bit silly to get so excited about breakfast but hey. ;)

Reviewed 17 March 2017

While you good choose typical egg and pancake type foods think outside the plate and try some of the delicious, unique selections. Enjoyed breakfast that reflected creativity and love of cooking by the chef.
Seems to be a nicely kept secret since it wasn't that busy. Maybe because it's in a strip mall at a busy intersection.
However, according to their website, this family has much experience operating restaurants in the area.
Try it, I hope you'll like it like I did.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This little local gem was a great find on our vacation to Sarasota. It was a very understated storefront in a strip mall that we would never have known to visit if our friends hadn't taken us for breakfast.

The food was outstanding. The service good. The baked goods looked great, but their portions were so large, we had no room for dessert. I would definitely give this another visit when we are back in Sarasota.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Overhead this recommendation and decided to give it a try.. Glad we did.. Food was excellent and service was very friendly.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is a great breakfast treat. The food is all home made and most of the selections you would not find on a menu in most restaurants. .It is our favorite place when we are in Florida. My wife had the Corn Beef Hash special. She said it was the best she has ever had. I had the biscuits and gravy. The biscuit is fresh made and this dish is fantastic. The prices are very reasonable and the service is excellent. I have tried many of the selections and they are excellent and sometimes most unique