“NOT THE RIGHT PLACE FOR PIZZA”
Review of Filippo's Pizzeria

Filippo's Pizzeria
Ranked #687 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“NOT THE RIGHT PLACE FOR PIZZA”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The place was packed with people so we sat at the bar to have a drink and order a pizza. The pepperoni pizza was saturated with oil and cheese. Not great tasting at all. Find another place for pizza, this place is poor.

1 Thank joe v

florida
“Its much better for pizza and mussels than entree's!”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We went to Fillipo's in November and had amazing pizza and mussels. Then we went back Christmas Eve with our son for dinner and was a little disappointed. We had the mussels and calamari but the calamari was musey and oily. Then I had linquine with white clam sauce and was disappointed that it was canned clams and i could have mad it at home. It really had no taste and my husband had chicken parmaggiana and said it was okay not that he would ordered it from there again. Then my son ordered tilapia with crabmeat and penne and again just okay. We will go back again but for pizza and mussels but not entress and the service is good so that is what we would order there.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank rosabean
Sarasota, Florida
“Delicious, flavorful Pizza - from a New Yorker!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Don't get me wrong - I love my New York pizza more than any other - but Filippo's delivers an amazing pizza right here in Sarasota. I have never tried any of their pastas or entrees so I cannot review any of them, but I've always been treated respectfully by both waitstaff and management. We have tried the pepperoni and mushroom pizza and the white pizza - both of which were well made, sauce was super tasty, cheese stayed on the pizza but was still gooey, crispy crust and super flavorful. When I feel like picking up my pizza - this is the place to go. Just wish they delivered!!! :)

• Visited November 2011
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Good Service - Good Pizza”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I've eaten here several times, but that was a few years ago. In the past this place was always packed and with good reason. This time I thought it was a little odd that the place was empty. We had a really nice waitress and we ordered pizza and brushetta. The pizza was pretty good, but the brushetta was only ok. It didn't seem really fresh and the bread was a little too hard. The bread that they brought out as an appetizer was stale - it was hot, but not great. Again, I did enjoy the pizza, but we were the only people in there at 8pm. Sad to see this place go down hill.

• Visited September 2011
“Unhappy Local !!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I have lived in this city for 32 years, and I live 2 miles away from this place, 12 months a year. My last visit was a reminder as to why I have not been there in the last 2 years. If you are here from the " City" , and your looking for a good italian joint to eat at, DO NOT waste your time going here, it is a bad imitation.

• Visited April 2011