“Old Florida Unique”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My Sister who lives on Siesta Key took me here for lunch ...she called it "a hole in the wall with great food" She was right. There were 3 of us Sisters and we all loved it. L was our pleasant server and she was very helpful. L recommended the Cheeseburger and the OPC Cuban Sandwich. 2 of us had Burgers and they were cooked perfectly, large and tasty. We also had the Taco Salad and it was wonderful. We started with the Potato Skins and I highly recommend them as they deep fry the Potato and then bake it giving the skin a very crispy taste. JR the Owner came to the table to make sure we were pleased with our food. He is a passionate owner and by the way he and his lovely Wife run the restaurant it is evident. JR gave me a list of Daily specials and these are great.. Monday is $5 Burger Day, Tuesday is $8 Tacos, Wednesday is $8 Chicken and Rice and Thursday is $8 Chicken Pot Pie. You really must go! I want to go back for the Pot Pie...Thanks JR for a fun spot.

2  Thank PeggyChism

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

A local institution, a fire knocked it out commission last year.
Know for good burgers and other casual meals it is a great place in The center of Sarasota off the beaten path. Sit on the porch, look at the beautiful sky and listen to the weekend jazz/blues, life is good. With a full belly, somehow your problems don't seem so bad

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Had lunch there today. Ordered the Cuban sandwich which is a specialty. It was okay but nothing that I would order again. In our party of 6, we also ordered wings and the meatball sub. None were outstanding. Also the service was slow - about 45 minutes to get served.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My husband and a close friend accompanied me yesterday to J.R.'s Old Packinghouse Cafe for lunch. I wanted to try them out after they recently reopened after a disastrous fire in an adjacent warehouse forced them to close nine months ago. The owner essentially rebuilt the entire interior of his restaurant during the time they were closed. Every one of his employees quit their interim jobs and came back to work for him when the restaurant reopened. What does that tell you? What I can tell you is we all had their Cuban sandwich and we all loved it! They have a modest stage where they have live entertainment just about every night of the week.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Brought another couple from out of town here for dinner. I had the shrimp which I thought was good. Another person at our table had a hamburger which found it to not be done enough. My wife had fish and was told by her it was alright. All food was just above average. Had a band playing and we could not hear each other talk until the song they were playing was either done or they were taking a break. The band on the other hand besides of being very loud were very good. Parking is a problem and had to park about a block away. The waitress was very busy but she also was very good. Always stopping by he table to make sure everything was alright. I will definitely give it another try only when it is not as busy and as load.