“Good burgers”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

A local institution, a fire knocked it out commission last year.
Know for good burgers and other casual meals it is a great place in The center of Sarasota off the beaten path. Sit on the porch, look at the beautiful sky and listen to the weekend jazz/blues, life is good. With a full belly, somehow your problems don't seem so bad

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Had lunch there today. Ordered the Cuban sandwich which is a specialty. It was okay but nothing that I would order again. In our party of 6, we also ordered wings and the meatball sub. None were outstanding. Also the service was slow - about 45 minutes to get served.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My husband and a close friend accompanied me yesterday to J.R.'s Old Packinghouse Cafe for lunch. I wanted to try them out after they recently reopened after a disastrous fire in an adjacent warehouse forced them to close nine months ago. The owner essentially rebuilt the entire interior of his restaurant during the time they were closed. Every one of his employees quit their interim jobs and came back to work for him when the restaurant reopened. What does that tell you? What I can tell you is we all had their Cuban sandwich and we all loved it! They have a modest stage where they have live entertainment just about every night of the week.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Brought another couple from out of town here for dinner. I had the shrimp which I thought was good. Another person at our table had a hamburger which found it to not be done enough. My wife had fish and was told by her it was alright. All food was just above average. Had a band playing and we could not hear each other talk until the song they were playing was either done or they were taking a break. The band on the other hand besides of being very loud were very good. Parking is a problem and had to park about a block away. The waitress was very busy but she also was very good. Always stopping by he table to make sure everything was alright. I will definitely give it another try only when it is not as busy and as load.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Great place to relax, enjoy a beer & a great hamburger or sandwich. Were there for lunch, so didn't hear the music - but definitely plan to go back for that. Just be sure not to dress up before you go - this is a jeans & boots kind of place.