“Great water view”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving Sarasota for Over 25 years!The Old Salty Dog first opened its door for business in Siesta Key Village back on November 1st 1986. The owners original concept was to take a small popular village beer and hot dog stand and turn it into a casual Restaurant and Pub. They have mixed the best of the Florida Keys and their British heritage to create a fun family environment that is appealing to people from all walks of life.There are now 2 locations and they are patronized not only by their many regular local customers and characters but they also enjoy abundant new and repeat business from all over the United States and from around the World.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

4/5/2018-I had fish tacos with grouper that was dry and rather tasteless which explains the boom boom sauce that normally comes with the order. The waitress thanked me for my comments and did not offer a discount.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was the first place we decided to stop for lunch while at Siesta Key. The shrimp tacos were amazing!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We were there during spring break, so a busy time for them during the week. We waited an hour and 20 min for a table (for four) after being promised a 45 minute wait time. Our appetizers came really late, so they volunteered to take that off our bill. My husband and son liked the loaded salty dog and I had a lobster roll, which was great. Their drinks do not have much alcohol in them and are very sweet. Our waitress was great, but the hostesses we’re very disorganized and couldn’t seem to keep straight who was waiting and who left. Overall it was disorganized, but good food. I think it might have been a better experience if we had some sort of view of the water while we were eating, as well.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Been there twice... always busy which is a good sign... great location on the water.Relaxed, laid back atmosphere..and dog friendly...Pepe',our chihuahua was given water bowl with ice cubes in it..he was impressed...83F...
I've had a burger and Grouper sandwich there and all good.
Look forward to going back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This was exactly the kind of place I look for when traveling to a beach town. Right on the water, laid back atmosphere, great food, and friendly staff. We sat at a table outside and watched the pelicans catch their dinner. Our food was great. My teenage son said it was the best shrimp he’d ever had and the rest of us enjoyed our salty dogs. It was kind of like the hot dog version of a potato chip sandwich. Definitely get yours topped, they have cheeses, bacon, I think grilled onions, etc. We had no complaints, other than it’s very popular so parking was tricky and there was a bit of a wait. It was also spring break/Easter week.