“Authentic Puerto Rican Food!”
Review of Sofrito Mama's - CLOSED

Sofrito Mama's
Price range: USD 8 - USD 13
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Traveling through Sarasota, we were looking for great food and found it at Sofrito Mama's. If you are looking for real authentic Puerto Rican food, this is the place. We ate arroz blanco con habichuelas, chuletas, bistec encebollado, arroz con gandules, tostones, and mofongo. Now it's a small wonder and they only have a couple of tables out, so plan to either take out or wait for a table. The price for the food is just right, the mofongo is real, and the cafe con leche delicious. I will definitely return and highly recommend this place.

3  Thank Cathy N

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came here last year all the way from Delaware and we couldn’t wait to come back while on vacation again. The food is so good we ate here twice this week. A must do while in the area

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I recently visited Sofrito Mama’s for lunch. The restaurant serves a variety of traditional Puerto Rican dishes daily but also has weekly specials that change every day of the week. Since I visited on a Wednesday, the special of the day was Pastelon. I was immediately recommended this dish by one of the employees so I was quick to order. The Pastelon was delicious and flavorful! It is basically Puerto Rican lasagna layered with sweet plantains, seasoned ground beef, and melty cheddar cheese. There is no indoor seating and the dishes are served to go but there are some tables and chairs just outside the restaurant if you wish to eat there.

1  Thank nic_leon2005
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Not great for me. Flavor was not what I expected being a native. Not sure they understood me well since I spoke Spanish and asked about food. I wish you success.

1  Thank Marguerite M
Reviewed 13 March 2018

It was hard to find this little place, the gps drove us to the next street, but finally we've found out that Sofrito Mama's is located in the mall area. There no place inside to sit down, so do not expect a romantic dine out, it is mainly for takeaway, there are a few tables and chairs outside only. The food is delicious and the guy (I guess the owner) is very friendly. They have a regular menu and each day there is a daily special. Try it!