“Quick lunch”

Ranked #63 of 1,157 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Half Shell Oyster House has five locations. The first one opened in the summer of 2009 in Downtown Gulfport, MS and the second in Downtown Biloxi, MS. The charbroiled oysters are legendary and the atmosphere will make you feel like you've stepped back in time. Located in the historic Kremer building in downtown Gulfport, the "Half Shell" or "Oyster House," as locals have abbreviated it, serves the Southern delicacy freshly shucked on the half shell, charbroiled over an open flame, BBQ, Rockefeller and Bienville. We expanded to Florida in 2012 with the opening of our Sarasota, FL restaurant. Our fourth location has opened in Hattiesburg, MS. Our newest location is on the corner of I-65 and Airport Boulevard, at 3654 Airport Boulevard, Mobile, AL 36608. Our oysters are outstanding, but if you're not in the mood for oysters, Half Shell has a vast menu with something for everyone, lunch or dinner. Start your meal with New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp or a Seafood Stuffed Portabella. The Half Shell Salad with avocado, goat cheese and toasted almonds is great paired with a cup of gumbo. We feature daily and monthly specials utilizing locally caught fresh fish and seafood. The burgers, poboys and sandwiches are all good too. Or, try one of our steak or chicken creations like the Chicken Half Shell with Alfredo sauce, sundried tomatoes, capers and artichoke hearts. Seafood specialties include classic Shrimp and Grits and hearty Seafood Pot Pie. Whatever you choose, it'll be served with warm Southern hospitality in a unique atmosphere that complements the food. Exposed brick walls, wrought iron railings, unique French Quarter lighting and architecture frame the room. Each location offers a beautiful and unique setting for your dining experience. Each of our locations has semi private areas for your party or banquet needs. Or, just pull up a stool at the long copper bar, order a cold one and watch your oysters be grilled to perfection. For lunch, dinner or happy hour, Half Shell Oyster House is sure to soon be your old favorite.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had a quick lunch at Half Shell this week. The fried oysters were delicious and the side salad was fresh and plentiful... for a side. Husband had the grilled salmon. The portions were perfect for us for lunch, but some might feel them to be a bit on the skimpy side. Of course, you could also order extra sides. Server ( Josh) was attentive.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Service was great! The key lime martinis where excellent. I had Cajun oysters and they were excellent along with the salad. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the same with the grouper. Highly recommend if you want a good meal

Reviewed 6 March 2018

It was an awesome evening. The best we have had since my daughter and family moved to Sarasota. The service was great, hostess was informative and so nice. The food was great, really good selections. I had the Oscar grouper. I also really enjoyed first time for watermelon splash. This will definitely be our family "Go to" place now.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived for valentines lunch greeted nicely and sat in I believe Kurt or Kyle’s table. We had just walked out of the lucky pelican for the rude staff and lack of menu. Terrible experience. Decided to come to Half Shell since it was the only seafood place to come to our head while driving on University. Thank god we did, was not disappointed. I ended up having the grouper lunch and my BF had the soup of the day. Our server did a great job! I wanted to thank him for turning the day around

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We came to Half Shell after being recommended to try it. I was overly unimpressed though. The staff was very nice and the waiter was fantastic. However not one thing that any of us ordered was “great” and the dishes left a lot to be desired. I had the seafood pasta. The sauce was bland. And the seafood was tiny. The other two in the party had Ahi tuna. The cut seemed okay but again they both said it lacked flavor. For an appetizer we had oysters Rockefeller. They were very blah. I don’t like leaving mixed reviews. But I was very unimpressed with the quality of food we had.

1  Thank Bryanwvu