“Don't waste your money”
Review of Sarasota Gondola

Sarasota Gondola
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Boris called today to remind us of our reservation time and we were instructed not to be late. We arrived early and he ran fifteen minutes late himself. He cut our thirty minute ride down to 22 minutes, sang one song and was completely rude. I can't imagine ever recommending him to anyone. This was a gift from our son and we were beyond disappointed in the entire experience.

1  Thank Gayle B
SarasotaGondola, Owner at Sarasota Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

I'm sorry, Gayle, if you had bad experience on the gondola, but your Groupon certificate wasn't for a private ride. If you wanted to be alone on the Gondola you just had to say so, I would gladly discuss that option with you. Your forty four years of marriage deserves all the best and I would love to do my best to help you celebrate it if you at least let me know about it. Many couples and families celebrated their special events on my gondola. I'm NEVER rude to anyone, it's my nature. I love my job and treat all my riders with full respect either it's a Groupon or full price passengers. Song during the ride is a bonus, not an obligation. And I can't tell people on the gondola to be quiet if they having a good time. Family, who was on the same ride with you was very happy with their experience. I wish you all the best and maybe little more positive thoughts.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2016

If you are looking for something unique, this is a great attraction. The owner Boris was very friendly, provided music and he sang (very good) Ole sole mio to me and my fiance during our ride. Not a very picturesque surroundings, but the gondola is authentic, the driver is dressed up and it was a VERY memorable occasion for us.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Unfortunately, our ride started over an hour late, because there were some technical difficulties with the gondola. Be sure to bring sunscreen and a hat, because you are out in the sun with no shade. After waiting 15 minutes, we decided to head inside to the Phillippi bar to wait for our ride. The bartender was very nice and we enjoyed our wait. Once the gondola arrived, we went for a nice, calm ride on the Phillippi Creek. The gondolier was very nice, and he had a beautiful voice. This is about half an hour experience. We had fun.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

This was the second time I have been out with Sarasota Gondola. The first time, our Gondolier was Daniel, a.k.a. Giovanni. :) And that was spectacular. Most recently, I booked a trip with Boris, the founder of the company and Daniel's dad. It was during this trip that we heard first-hand of how and why this company came to be. In both instances, the ride was so peaceful, the scenery beautiful, and the interaction, unexpected. Go and see for yourself. This is a great venue for a romantic date, to hang out with friends or family, or to super-impress out-of-town visitors. Can't recommend enough.

1  Thank Lisa F
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2016

We took 5 friends out for a trip this past Saturday. While waiting for our group to gather we had cocktails at Phillippi Creek restaurant and the boarded at the dock behind the restaurant. Location made it so convenient for parking and getting our group together. Boris arrived on time, coming down the creek, I felt like I was back in Venice, where I stupidly did not take a gondola. So this was perfect opportunity to make up for that miss. We were helped on board by Boris who made sure we were all settled in before we departed. You can take wine,beer or beverage of your choice to enjoy on the 30 minute trip. We went under the hwy 41 bridge and into part of the creek you don't often get a chance to explore. Boris entertained us with his beautiful voice, singing classic Italian songs as we paddled along. Everyone had a fantastic time and would recommend this to others. Some of us are planning on coming back with other friends. Great for a special occasion. Great to have this available in the U.S..

1  Thank Gstflorida53