“Great cuban food”

Mirna's Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #236 of 1,164 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Great food, friendly service, good sized menu enough choices for everyone wife and I split a cubano and they cut it for us and served it in two plates

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My son, who was raised in Panama where we had a very popular restaurant, chose Mirna's for my birthday dinner!

First of all, the service was excellent! The server was taking an order as we entered buy clearly welcomed us. She was excellent throughout. I wish I could recall her name. If I still had my restaurant in Panama, I would hire 9 of her!

Our food was delicious and full of flavor. The portions were ample (see photos) and our order came out in a timely manner.

The decor was simple, bright, very clean. It is definitely a stop up from Diner status, with bright, large and well done oil paintings of Cuban life on the walls. But casual enough for just stopping in. And super clean.

I would go back and will go back and recommend Mirna's without hesitation.
Again, I want to reiterate superb service, great food, good portions, well priced!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

In Sarasota, Cuban food is hard to come by and its tough to avoid the upscale wannabe's on St. Armands Circle. .
Then there's Mirna's.. It's not far from the Bradenton 'hood and just north of the SRQ airport. Don't let the beer and bottle take out next door scare ya.'
Mirna's is neighborhood family friendly, reasonably priced and good. Family members serve the few tables and zip back and forth from the kitchen where everything is made fresca.
Now THAT means if you're in a rush don't come... But if you're on a Caribbean drift where you can weigh anchor with your coche, park the beast, come in and enjoy.
These are straightforward Cuban vittles with black beans and rice.
They serve beer, bring your own wine...and remember if you need a condom or a blunt, you can always get it next door.

1  Thank BroadwayBruce
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Lunch at Mirna’s was fantastic. Our friends, Mark and Tina were waiting for us at a small table for 4. Our server, Fiorella, was exceptional in helping us decide what and how to order, plus entering into casual conversations with us and other customers. Every restaurant should have someone like her!

We started by experiencing for the first time-Papa’s Rellenas. Mashed potatoes wrapped around seasoned ground meat, onions, cilantro and bell peppers. The potatoes are packed and rounded, then lightly deep fried. Two of those would have made a meal.

My wife and Tina enjoyed the pork roast with yellow rice and plantains. Mark had the Vaca Frita-shredded beef sautéed with garlic and lime. He also had black beans and rice and plantains.

My selection was the arroz con pollo-chicken with rice. This was fantastic! The rice had the same consistency and flavor as a Valenciana rice that is created when making a good paella, one of my favorites! It's flavors were cooked thru and thru, not rushed.

None of our meals were over $10. We chatted with a Mexican couple who ate there many times. Our friend, Luis, who recommended Mirna's is from Peru. So it appeals to a lot of different tastes.

The place is small, clean and comfortable. We’re all eager to return and try a couple other entrees. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a busy, no frills kind of diner...with great Cuban food! Lots of take outs for lunch along with a full dining room! I can't wait to go back and try their Black Bean Soup. This little gem is clean, the staff was nice, friendly and accommodating. Parking is not great but that is the ONLY negative comment I can make. Great lunch place...will definitely go back again. BTW it's close to the airport as well!!