We arrived 3 hours later than we thought due to a flight delay, but upon calling to advise them of this, we were greeted with a very friendly voice and Beth put our frustration aside and made us even more anxious to reach our destination. We arrived and felt the stress from the day leave our bodies immediately.
The cottages may be on the small side but they are welcoming and we could envision ourselves returning to stay for a week instead of just the 2 nights we had booked for this trip. The bed was a bit on the hard side but we slept well and woke well before sunrise anxious to hit the beach for shells. We would like to have had coffee included with the coffee maker but a run to 7/11 took care of that.
The room was clean and the property well maintained. Appreciated the area behind the cottage for washing the sand off of me as well as the shells. We were pleased with the location and again Beth could not have been more welcoming.
Will we be back- heck yes and for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island